Help! Can Someone Make Sense of My Hotchpotch Van?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rickyrooo1 said:
why strip for parts? just drive it mate, you ain't the 1st and won't be the last. It's mot'd and road legal.

I'll give you £50 for the log book :lol:

As above - don't write it off just yet - have a read through that thread previously posted, the guy had the registration of a beetle on his van ( :shock: ) - so you aren't have way bad, at least it's the right type of vehicle just wrong year! He posted all the forms e.t.c. he filled in and it came good in the end,

If it was me, I'd go down the route of contacting DVLA and getting the correct age related registration on it - (you've established some history and that it wasn't a recently stolen van when you purchased it) - it will have the right age plate (o.k. not tax exempt at the moment admittedly) and means that when you do come to sell it, it will be legitimate for the next owner, or keep it, enjoy it and join the latebay!

Did the guys from Brookfield not question why the slider was on the same side as the driver, why it doesn't have a fuel filler flap and the other bits and pieces?
These are things that somebody in the know should have spotted.

^^^ WHS

Look into it further, yes lots has gone on, and yes, wrong year, but just enjoy it for what it is, you bought it to enjoy it? Get out in it and enjoy it, it looks clean and tidy.

What does your mates who knew about the van/checked it over say? As above, i would have thought someone in the know like a trader should know it wasn't a early.... :msn4:

It's nearly Xmas, get some lights and decs on it, and go any enjoy yourself! Good luck!

Alistair

Thanks for all the advice, pointers and info people. Guess I was disappointed to find out all wasn't what it seemed, but after all (and as several people have said), I bought the thing to fettle up how I want, use until it finally dies a death and I have no intention of ever selling it.

Only one problem - I'm apparently in the wrong forum, can someone show me the way out?

you need to be here

http://thelatebay.com/index.php?find-new/1606449/posts" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

beware its a lively place ... :lol:

Latest posts