HELP! how do i stop the thieves?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tsunamivw

Reaction score
Hi All

I have a lovely 69 westy and the b******s have tried to break in again, they got into my previous van through the louvre window and got to the door pulls and nicked 2 radios. Now they cant because the 69 doesn't have door pulls - didn't stop them from screwing up my louvre windows, they pulled the bottom louvre right out of the rivets - So is there a way to make louvre safe, I really want to keep them, but I cant deal with little shits wrecking my van on a regular basis.
I'm looking for solutions so ideas please
PS dont bother with the electrocute them, castrate them ideas I'm already there
Cheers

Sorry to hear of your problems with thieves. :(

Do you have a cover for your van? I'm just thinking that if you can cover it then it will be less conspicuous, and therefore less tempting to the scallywags, and if they do still have a go at it, they will have to remove or partially remove the cover first, which will delay their efforts and will increase the chances of someone catching them in the act.
Of course it may not be practical to cover it if you are using it as a daily etc.

I guess you've maybe thought of the above anyway, but I'm sure others will be along with more ideas for you.

Good luck. :)

...a fug dog that all the chavs have.....
Untitled.jpg

.....would stop me breaking in :oops:

dont shoot me, as ive not looked at a louvre window close up inside, is there anything that you can make to bolt on the inside to make it solid, when you arent using the bus? making it more difficult for them to get in, even if they removed the glass :|

get a piece of plywood/clear perspex/if you don't want it looking odd and cut it so it will fit inside the frame on the inside you want it snug but be able to lift in/out easily then cut a piece of baton (retain a piece of the baton about 2 feet long explain later) :? the with of the frame place the ply in the frame and then the baton behind it from the inside you should now have a piece of baton locking the ply against the louvered window its not going to protect the window outside but even if they remove the louvres they wont be able to reach in and to remove the ply will mean making a bit of noise hopefully you will hear them :shock: take the 2 foot piece of baton that you've kept :idea: and apply liberally to the thieving 2 bob low life that's damaging your van :) and remove 1 front tooth for each louvre damaged either he will run out of teeth or you of louvered windows but satisfaction will more than compensate hope this helps ;)

Latest posts