Help needed... Porsche front brakes !

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The God Bus

Reaction score
Can anyone help! :?

I am looking at putting porsche disc brakes on the front of my bus in 5/130 patten.
Does anybody have any clues what parts do i need?

Cheers Paul

saying you are putting porsche brakes on in 5 on 130 pattern is still being about as vague as you can be to be honest ;)

do you know what type / size of brakes and from what model porsche, or is this just a 'daydreaming out loud' kind of question ?

stating the obvious, you'll need hubs, discs, calipers and a suitable master cylinder, plus a means of attaching the caliper to your (presumably) drum spindle... oh, and some suitable bearings & spacers, but there's loads of different set-ups to choose from.

*good luck* 8)

Ok... so I know what fundamental parts I need!

I am wandering what parts I need from which Porsche car. The wheels I have already are 15" 4.5J fuch... so any thoughts?

i'm afraid, as i've said before, that i'm not really up to speed (pardon the pun) in the brake upgrade department, so i'd say 944, obviously, and then you start getting into that whole early / late / turbo / non-turbo nonsense and i've never been interested enough to research it further :oops:

if this place doesn't turn up any concrete advice, then i'd get over to volkszone.com and have a search on there, because i know for a fact that there's a load of stuff on the subject over there, which i could, had i been a little more quick-witted, have just cut & pasted onto here and then pretended to be an expert :lol:

hope that's some help :)

Putting it another way... Do you really need Porsche brakes? Or simply a means of fitting Porsche 5x130x PCD wheels?

Are you putting in a high powered engine?

Are you concerned with the increase in track from using adaptors (you don't say what year/PCD your bus currently is)?

Consider all your options before going down the "Porsche brakes route". Some Porsche braking setups aren't that much better (if any better at all) than standard VW disk/drum setup with/without a servo.

Latest posts