HELP PLEASE......Beige & White vs Red & White

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

71Dormobile

Reaction score
A real dilema at the mo as to what colour to go with on the respray on my 1971 Dormobile so want to call upon assistance off you good peops....

Van was orig white and I'm thinking of going sav beige and white or altenrtively chianti red and white.. Prob is have seen very few pics around of bays in these colours therefore help..........

reckon I've got a few days to decide so any pics you can post would be greatly appreciated

well heres mine:
chianti red and pastel white
bus1.jpg

this is savannah beige mate. what mine was like. looks good when stock, but if you are going for anything custom, not too sure whether you'll be able to get the look right. even alloy wheels or ride height may not look that great if this colour. not aften you see a custom look in this colour. having said that easy's thread is similar to this colour s oyou might be able to make anything work

both very nice, but when i think danbury, niagra blue always pops into my head... dunno why :? .

nice OG danbury tintop. 8)

Oxo2008_09.jpg

Oxo2008_12.jpg

Oxo2008_11.jpg

chippi said:
Heres mine, :) chianti red and pastel white
cttp2008036.jpg

doood! did we meet @ CTTP??? you were parked next to us (The Old Volks Club) thats my mates 64 bug :mrgreen:

easy said:
chippi said:
Heres mine, :) chianti red and pastel white
cttp2008036.jpg

doood! did we meet @ CTTP??? you were parked next to us (The Old Volks Club) thats my mates 64 bug :mrgreen:
Didnt meet up that time as couldnt put a face to the van but if your going to bristol volksfest which im guessing you are will say hi, saw your bus push on here at vanwest so think i can put face to your bus now, was there too my friend :)

Forgot to say, i love the colours of mine but be aware that the darker the colour the more it will show up the dents and ripples (not that mines rippley of course :lol: lol).

Still undecided all look good so van is gonna go pastel white and then I'll try and decide......

Keep the pics coming, chianti red seems to vary a bit guess this depends on iot being new / original / faded...

Thats thrown it now I'm looking at blues and pastel white, got the pastel white ordered hopefully the guys at the spray shop will get to this stage by the end of june...

Throw more pics up if anyone has any of there pride and joy different trim alloys etc will help me decide..

Cheers all..

Thnaks for all the posts am going up to see the van today so hopefully will be getting ready now for white and then a colour, still undecided. Want a 71 colour seem to be more vague now than at the start of the post.....Got the red and white stripped dormobile canvas so need to match with that... Keep the pics coming pls :wink:

Coming around to the idea of red to stand out from the crowd a bit more seems a more trad colour also for the 71 Bay....Apreciate chianti was the shade of the year but also like montana any pics would be appreciated

Go Chianti! Pros: you dont see that many around and its a 71 colour like you want.

I love it anyway but im bias :D

Latest posts