help with brake problem

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

craighod

Reaction score
hi i have a braking issue i am hoping u can solve then i can source correct part needed
i have a 1972 early bay i have changed the front calipers as old ones where seized fitted calipers and bled brake system but when i press brake pedal the left hand side comes on ok but takes a few presses to get right side to engage and when it does engage the right side stays stuck on and does not return but left hand side does return as normal they are new calipers i have to release bleed screw a touch then tighten back up to release caliper just dont know if it could be brake master cylinder or could it be brake compensator thanks in advance

Could be the flexi hose going to that corner has colapsed inside and restricting flow.
Worth a look.
Did you use a pipeclamp/molegrips on the flexi when you changed the caliper?

Rich

no i didnt rich just un coupled nut from old caliper and refitted to new but will have a look at that thanks

just to let u know that i dont know what brakes wher like before as i have been restoring bus for 12 months so never tested brakes but when i bought bus there was a new flexi pipe in dash so could be that thanks rich will change it and try

Latest posts