Hi, I'm a new member

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary71bay

Reaction score
Hi guys, after years of being into vws I have finally got myself a bay. I went to my first show 20 years ago with my dad and have owned many vee-dubs in the past, including numerous bugs, a t25, a baja and a fastback. I am finally fulfilling my dream and will be collecting an early bay devon moonraker. Unfortunately it will be being collected on the back of a recovery truck as it has not been on the road for 8 years. The van is 95% solid and looks like all it will need is a rear arch and a lower rear corner repairing ( allthough I have owned enough dubs to know there is likely to be more areas needing attention). The van comes with loads of of photos etc from past owners and a full original interior in great condition. I will try to figure out how to put pics up and start a thread detailing the resto, I apologise in advance for all the stupid questions I will undoubtedly be bombarding you with :lol: I live in Eastbourne and attended a fair few shows so hopefully I can meet a few of you. Thanks for reading my rather long winded introduction

Gaz

Hi Gaz

Search facebook for the Eastbourne Zimmers a local VDub club to you.

Its always good to have some local help.

All my bets and good luck with the van.

Hi Gaz, welcome to a friendly and knowledgeable site!
I'm also in Eastbourne and can pop round if you need any advice.
Cheers Paul.
P.S pop some photos up :D

Cheers for the welcome guys, here are the first few pics taken today. You may recognise it as I bought it from Karl who is a member of this forum and also has a thread relating to the work allready undertaken. To be honest it is not very appealing to the eye at the moment, however it is really solid and had most the hard work done.

I will start a build thread of my own shortly and hopefully I can continue with the project and build the sort of van I have always dreamed of.

CHILDSEY said:
Hi Gaz, welcome to a friendly and knowledgeable site!
I'm also in Eastbourne and can pop round if you need any advice.
Cheers Paul.
P.S pop some photos up :D

That sounds cracking Paul, it would be great to have it looked over by some more experienced eyes. I'll pm you my number etc and perhaps you can pop over, have a gander and a cuppa

Latest posts