High beam

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mister

Reaction score
Good evening.. And seasons greetings!
Whilst driving home this evening the high beam stopped working. This has happened in the past but a few flicks of the indicator lever would get it working again.
When I got home I parked up and flicked it again a few times, I could here a click coming from under the dash but no switching to high beam. So I'm guessing the relay has stopped working and needs replacing?
Is this right or am I missing something?
Cheers. Andrew.

I would think if the relay clicks then it is OK, might be wrong though. Does the high beam indicator on the dash light up? If it does i would think the relay is fine. Has a fuse gone?

Have you got a multimeter to check the output on the relay?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Cheers Adam. No the high beam indicator light doesn't light up on dash and I don't have a multimeter... Perhaps it's time to get one. I'll check the fuse in the morning when it's light and not pissing it down. :D

Cheers for the replies chaps.
Update...
I went out yesterday in the bus with the family and we came home after dark, and.... the high beam was working again :roll:
I guess I have a gremlin living under the dash! Will wait and see what happens before taking any action.
Thanks again for your replies.
Andrew.

Latest posts