home made bending break

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frankie

Reaction score
Thought I try and make a bender so I can make a bit of top hat I got a bit from Steve on here but the stuff on my van is much thinner and I can't get it to line up so IL make a bit I got 2 bits of angle iron 50x70 about 1300mm long ,a piece of 10mm rod and some old 9mm flat bar.

here I marked 5mm which will be ground off on either side of the center of the 2 pieces to form a v when they are put together in a vice .

DSC03060.jpg

I then clamped the rod between them and welded it to the small side did this both ends
then I drilled the 9mm bar both in the vice at the same time 10mm hole as near to the corner as possible but not right on the edge then I put the bar over the now pin hinge
and lifted it till it met the edge of the angle and welded it in place did this both ends.
DSC03062.jpg

before i welded the bar on I removed a bit more metal just to give good clearance.

DSC03065.jpg

it works really well.
DSC03066.jpg

DSC03067.jpg

DSC03068.jpg

hope someone finds it helpfull please leave a comment good or bad cheers Frankie. ;)

oh and I'l put pic of top hat when I do it.

I need to show compretion plate also that holds the peice in place.Frankie.

Latest posts