How about this for a roofrack ladder...?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carole

Reaction score
Just saw this on the Samba....looks like it's been made by someone as a DIY project...

Slim Adi, you interested in making something similar?

100_0754.jpg

100_0752.jpg

100_0751.jpg

Carole :wink:

nice find carole looks like a great idea and tucked in nice and tight out of the way, but i think it needs a few more rungs, that first step would have me in the chiropracters :lol:

now that looks a pretty good idea. ladders are something we're considering - we'll make one if asked but arent yet sure whether to make em as a product line.

thinking of trying something a bit different too, either using the jacking point or - if its on a full leength rack, something that'll slide out from underneath

gonna get christmas and its mammoth intake of alcohol over and done with and get noisey in the shop........pay close attention to various threads and the website especially if you own a surfboard, or a dormobile bus...... :wink:

Ace ladder! make em and im sure you will sell tons 8)

slim_adi said:
.......pay close attention to various threads and the website especially if you own a surfboard, or a dormobile bus...... :wink:

Dormy owner - intrigued... :shock:

Also, the ladder does look good - with the position of it I suppose you could leave
it on while driving to so no need to store it - only when parked up and camping etc :wink:

That ladder design has definately got potential. I think it'd look a lot better though if the bends were slightly more curved off.

and it didnt use the bumper as a rest, I have fibre glass ones and it would be the end of them :wink:

It would probably be only practical to have the bumper rests on personalised ones as most peoples bumpers are different heights from each others (due to age and placement etc) 1mm out and it wouldnt rest on the bumper. 8)

I can tell from reading this thread again that Slim adi could make a killin from trying to knock up some of these bad boys I`d be up for one in a rat like fashion so maybe I could have the prototype :lol:

that does look and exceedingly cool ladder

agree about not being bumper mounted, the panel there is well strong to take the weight as you climbed it if the bottom rested on the panel on rubbers

as my current ladder disagrees with my deluxe trim, I need a new one, and I'd definately buy one of these :D

I suppose a shaped bar/strap around the corner with rubber backing (spread the load over the corner) would probably get around the issues of using the bumper itself.... though it makes it more difficult to secure and drive with it in place...

But a well made one with the rungs properly spaced and the curve shaped correctly would look well cool....

Latest posts