How big is your bed???

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How big is your bed???

• Full width

Votes: 17 48.6%
  • 3/4 width

Votes: 16 45.7%
  • Custom setup

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • I don't do fractions!

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters

Justin & Muttley

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I'm going to build a full-width bed for the van as I'm quite a big chap ( :oops: ) - but I wondered how many have 3/4 width bed setups.
Also, I wondered what folks do about cooking etc if they have a full-width bed (stick a porta-hob on the table...etc).

Poll attached...

;)

Got a standard 3/4 dormobile bed, which was a bit of a snug fit the last time I slept in it, but seeing as I've lsot 4 stone since then it might not be so bad now :lol:

Three-quarter westy in mine. With the spare wheel on the roofrack, there is enough room for me and my 12 yr old son to be comfortable, although I'm not exactly built like a prop forward!
Regarding cooking, I have a freestanding 2 burner with integral gas bottle that sits where the westy fridge/sink would have been. If I have to, I will use it in the doorway with the slider open but generally take it outside or in the awning. I don't like the idea of 'cooking in my bedroom' and all the associated steam/ smells/ splattering etc. getting on and into the interior fittings. Just my own preferance. :D

Ive got a westy 3/4 bed. Put the spare wheel on the roof rack and have the new rear cushion which overs the spare wheel well meaning more space for the other half and me. Also leave a nice space for spare parts in the spare wheel well.

we converted our Devon Moonraker to having a full width rock n roll.

No longer cook inside but have a grillogaz and table out side.

We have a 3/4 width too. Me and the wife are pretty snug but i quite like it
rolleye0016.gif

Full width for me but then I'm a big chap, used to have a 3/4 bed and found it too small for 2 of us, not comfy at all

Hmmm

3/4 for us. Wife 5 year old and me in the low level devon bed and 8 year old in the boot space (no spare wheel but the wardrobe is in there).

Sparky (fealing very thin)

3/4 - didnt think there would be enough space for me and the mrs, but its fine. spare goes on the roof rack. 2 kids on the continental bed and another on the front hammock. dog in the awning.
have a portable gas cooker that goes on a table in the awning when were away for more than 1 night, otherwise just put it on the table inside. it lives in the overhead locker when not in use!

We have a full width, and then a 2 burner and small sink in a unit. It can be removed too, but since I added a propex under the bed it is a little more permanent. The unit is from Calypso campers built to my spec and very very good. I have a standalone cooler, which I find a more effective use of space. We cook alot on our wee gas BBq too.

I've got a Westy with a 3/4 bed and the wardrobe with is ideal for me because I'm not exactly a monster of a man :lol: Plus I've ditched the sink and cool box because I'm gonna make a lift out cooker unit to go in it's place :D

Karl

Full width every time for me, big bloke and little girlfriend need room ;)

Latest posts