How do I fix this???

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin & Muttley

Reaction score
Dear All,
Still working on the interior and I need to fix these holes (circled in blue) in the pillars - what's the best way?
I'd rather not just fill them but I'm not sure of the best technique to tackle them - suggestions very welcome!
Thanks in advance
;)
AAcentrepillaroffside.jpg

Cover em up with a cool sticker. You could weld em but would need to be ground off.

There were a few like that in mine,covered them with spare headlining material when i replaced it,dead tidy now

Justin & Mutley said:
Best technique to use?
A circular motion? A strip either side?
HELP!!!
;)
Best technique for welding? Not a lot to it with small holes like that,arc up at 9 o'clock leave the blob to cool for a second or two, then weld round in a clock wise direction to meet up with where you started. That should fill the hole nicely.You may need to arc up again in the middle to fill any hole. When you let the trigger go, hold the torch over the weld for a second,this will help stop you getting a crater. Drill some holes in a bit of scrap metal so you can pratice your technique,remember it will be a little trickier on a vertical surface because Mr Gravity will be right there to mess it up.Oh yeah clean up the metal first an try and get all the paint out of the thread.

Headlining covers a multitude of sins! but elding them up is the best way 8)

i cut some hard board to shape and coverd it with the same stuff as me panels with a little padding inside looks cool and no more bashed heads when drunk and falling about!!!!!!! (practical and cheap you dont see that often) :lol:

or you could cut the areas out n tack on a new plates looks like it would be 3 or 4 small patches to do the lot. thats how i would do it. by the way thats some nice circling colour coded and everything!

Latest posts