How long have you owned your current bus?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
24 yrs

Attachments

• 2B899479-40CD-4EFB-81B5-F09ABE9655B0.jpeg
    2B899479-40CD-4EFB-81B5-F09ABE9655B0.jpeg
    138.3 KB · Views: 2
31 years - my first ‘car’….1991

Attachments

• CE7E8229-0320-4334-B825-407BFBF08D59.jpeg
    CE7E8229-0320-4334-B825-407BFBF08D59.jpeg
    134.5 KB · Views: 1
Brought mine in 2011 soft resto for 12 months then I had planned to keep forever, but I’ll health and the poor thing not being used is prompting to sell, I’ll be devastated to part with him but he’s been used once in 2 years and that not what they’re for

Attachments

• 2FA09F2F-3F34-4291-93D1-5BA6F83C1BB9.jpeg
    2FA09F2F-3F34-4291-93D1-5BA6F83C1BB9.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 9
We'll have curated Nutkin for two years this July.

My first car (it was actually my parents') was a 75 Westie (GGJ30N, if anyone knows it's whereabouts), which was resigned back to camping duties when I got my first car (a 1973 1200A T1, XPU819L) in 1993.

33 years 😮 we have got old and knackered together 🤣
She's ready for restoring number two now I wish we could do that with me 😁
I’m just beginning another resto / rebuild / re invention / re configuration of mine now and it’s started with just some new flooring as I had junked my laminate ancient floor whilst on tip duties and cleaning out of the garage.;) This led to uncovering of a bit of tin worm here and there and there and there etc etc :eek::oops::eek:which in turn led to the discovery that I can no longer weld as all I can see is the blinding flash of the arc but not the weld puddle :unsure::confused::unsure:and after buying new lenses for my helmet, I was still visually incompetent :confused: So Nick and Sons down at C.J. Motors are getting my floor and chassis revamp and protected from future rust worm infestations. Had a bright idea yesterday about getting some new eyes fitted again with new lenses , so anybody had that done yet? Just need a rebuild on the rest of me then. Lyndsey, do you think they can rebuild us?

Ozziedog ,,,,,,,,,,, we’ll be worth about six million dollars then :);):)

I’m just beginning another resto / rebuild / re invention / re configuration of mine now and it’s started with just some new flooring as I had junked my laminate ancient floor whilst on tip duties and cleaning out of the garage.;) This led to uncovering of a bit of tin worm here and there and there and there etc etc :eek::oops::eek:which in turn led to the discovery that I can no longer weld as all I can see is the blinding flash of the arc but not the weld puddle :unsure::confused::unsure:and after buying new lenses for my helmet, I was still visually incompetent :confused: So Nick and Sons down at C.J. Motors are getting my floor and chassis revamp and protected from future rust worm infestations. Had a bright idea yesterday about getting some new eyes fitted again with new lenses , so anybody had that done yet? Just need a rebuild on the rest of me then. Lyndsey, do you think they can rebuild us?

Ozziedog ,,,,,,,,,,, we’ll be worth about six million dollars then :);):)
🤣
I don't think we will live long enough to see that technology Ozzie, our busses might though 😊

Purchased in Berlin 1973, forty-nine (49) years owned. "Jonathan" has vacationed in every country on the Continent plus England. Traveling from coast to coast in North America, the 1972 Kombi, Westfalia "Los Angeles," reached 35 mph down hill, heading East out of the Continental Divide, due to strong headwinds. All original, a restoration is planned. 🍻

Latest posts