How many couples have split?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RICH-I-AM

Reaction score
Is there something about people in their 30's splitting up?
In the last year 4 solid couple friends in my life have split up.

One couple, one of them has a life threatening ilness and got better and decided to destroy a 16 year marrage pretty much over night.

Two had an afair and it all ended badly.

One decided she'd had enough and wanted something else in life.

Have you noticed a sudden rise in seperations or has it been this way always?

My mum left home when i was a child and i remember feeling a bit of an outcast when i was at school.

Seems most of the kids at school have single parents nowadays.

3 out of 4 of these were ended by the woman.

My other half and i are struggling a little caused by a bout of relationship paranoya i had in 2009. Its getting better and i hope to sort it eventualy so we are happy again.

Thing is, looking around, it looks like people are giving up to easily these days and i hope we dont end up following the trend.

Rich

Friend is separating from his wife after 10 years - his was down to the fact that he wanted children, she works in the city and wanted a career....think he feels cheated as, whilst never stipulated he had assumed getting married and settling down would lead to a family but that's not what she wanted - probably best this way than having kids and it happening 5 years down the line :(

Have been with my girlfriend for 12 years and getting on better than ever! I think not getting married in the first place is the key!!! :lol:

lcfmonkey said:
Have been with my girlfriend for 12 years and getting on better than ever! I think not getting married in the first place is the key!!! :lol:

yep 25 years this september for me and the other half, never married talked about it but meh just not for us :D 2 grown up lads...were happy as a pigs in poo :lol:

Me and the bastard wife ( lovingly refered to, not married ) have been together 10 years and i have loved every miute of it. She helps with the bus and tells me how high to jump :D I'm 34 and she's 21...~ cough cough~ :lol:

lcfmonkey said:
I think not getting married in the first place is the key!!! :lol:

the wise wizard he speaketh the truth

jth

i think sum women settle down thinkin thats what they want , they go on that way for a while and the 30 summit bodyclock kicks in and they wanna be 18 again and when that all goes pearshaped they wanna have the life back they just threw away.

just an opinion on sum things i have observed an maybe been through in my experience :roll:

However there are exceptions to the rule ( well thats what ive heard , from a very reliable fella down the pub anyway).

OH no i opened my mouth again and pure shite came out, time will tell what ozziedog gotta say bout this!!

This shit ,,,,,,,,,,, I`ll have to keep for round the camp fire ;) Been with Mrs Ozziedog for 30 something years, she`s still as cute as a button and we stay apart quite a lot, maybe this helps,,, dunno for sure. Never married :shock: :shock: :shock: but been round the block a few times,, again and again and again,,,,,,,

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,Kerb crawling has got to be better in a left hooker, :lol: ;) :mrgreen: ;) :lol:

well we were looking for a good 21 window but...

oh, i thought you said "a split" :oops:

(i thought this thread could do with some lightening up)

Probably something to do with this big planetary alignment and magnetic poles shift that's supposed to be happening this year, a big year for change and dawning of a new age..... if you believe all that hippie stuff. ; )

Been with my wife for 18 years. Married 2003, kids 2006/2009.

If we have an argument we never ever let it brew over night, we both knew we wanted to have kids so never had this kids/career barrier. How anyone could put a career before having kids is beyond me, I appreciate you need money to have kids (unless you are scrounging off the government) but what good is your career when you're a lonley old pensioner in a carehome.

People just need to be honest with each other from the start, if problems arise during a relationship nip them in the bud quick, anything can be sorted. If another woman/man gets involved then that is difficult but at the end of the day it's all about trust.

I trust my wife implicitly, just not when she's driving.

Des

Rosie said:
Probably something to do with this big planetary alignment and magnetic poles shift that's supposed to be happening this year, a big year for change and dawning of a new age..... if you believe all that hippie stuff. ; )

Well if you believe the Mayans we are all doomed on the 21st December? i think. Dont know what time though :| .

I think i'll take the wife and kids out for a fish and chips and a nice pint of stout, just incase.

im 41, married for 17 years and have 2 kids.

all i can say is i dont know what more i can do to get her to leave me :msn4: maybe doggins worth a go ?........

a ??????? potts ....

5erge said:
Been with my wife for 18 years. Married 2003, kids 2006/2009.

If we have an argument we never ever let it brew over night, we both knew we wanted to have kids so never had this kids/career barrier. How anyone could put a career before having kids is beyond me, I appreciate you need money to have kids (unless you are scrounging off the government) but what good is your career when you're a lonley old pensioner in a carehome.

People just need to be honest with each other from the start, if problems arise during a relationship nip them in the bud quick, anything can be sorted. If another woman/man gets involved then that is difficult but at the end of the day it's all about trust.

I trust my wife implicitly, just not when she's driving.

Des

Couldn't agree more, Des, especially the last line! :lol: :lol:

Been married 5 years
4yr old son
Me and the missus have a great understanding that serves us well, it goes like this...

I hate her and she hates me, but its all my fault :lol:

I love her to death, but i could kill her at least thrice a week if i could get away with it! :lol:

I was hit by a car while working on the A1 a few weeks ago and escaped with bad bruising, the wifes reply to the phone call was
"i need to pay more reliable pikeys to do a proper job" :shock:

I think/hope she was playing!!!!

bertiethebus said:
Been married 5 years
4yr old son
Me and the missus have a great understanding that serves us well, it goes like this...

I hate her and she hates me, but its all my fault :lol:

I love her to death, but i could kill her at least thrice a week if i could get away with it! :lol:

I was hit by a car while working on the A1 a few weeks ago and escaped with bad bruising, the wifes reply to the phone call was
"i need to pay more reliable pikeys to do a proper job" :shock:

I think/hope she was playing!!!!

:lol: my girlfriend is like that. She text me 1 morning saying she nearly got an electric shock when the toaster at work shorted out. Later on that morning I cut the end off my finger whilst repairing a tractor, I rung her saying what had happened whist en route to a&e and her reply was 'you did that on purpose to out do my electric shock story!'

:lol:

Woman eh...

Been with my better half coming up 6 yrs now,we have a 11 month old boy, we are 42 N her 46.we live in 2 properties 3 miles apart not perfect but we have our own freedom, it works,just miss being there to help out with my son sometimes :D

Latest posts