How to fit Slamwerks Adj Plates

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pete B said:
1. 5erge (London/Bristol)
2. 67Westy
3. R73
4. The_Troupster (+ dropped spindles)
5. Baj
6. Mr Brightside (Chesterfield)
7. Rob b Leicestershire
8. Antione - Maybe
9. Robby - Maybe
10. dubdubz - Maybe
11. marcher - kent
12. Pete B - Peterborough

Sounds like a good price. guess I need to finish my research now, maybe someone here can answer a question for me. We're currently down 2 splines at the rear so with these plates can we undo that and keep the same height or is that asking too much of them?

67westy said:
Sounds like a good price. guess I need to finish my research now, maybe someone here can answer a question for me. We're currently down 2 splines at the rear so with these plates can we undo that and keep the same height or is that asking too much of them?

I believe so as they are already 'raised' 25mm so thats an inch lower already, someone will confirm but you can mix and match so a 1spline drop [nearer to std geometry] and the kick will be close already to 2 splines.
Sure someone like Ash [dubscum] can confirm or even Ted from Slamwerks, it would be very useful to see a table of approx drop according to settings
ie no spline drop = x-y inches [using the adjustment available]
1 spline = x-y inches [again using the adjustment available]

I have other stuff to spend my cash on really but I have wanted these for so long I'll say I'm in....

2. 67Westy
3. R73
5. Baj
7. Rob b Leicestershire
8. Antione - Maybe
9. Robby - Maybe
10. dubdubz - Peterborough
11. marcher - kent

should we adjust the list so the definites are up top so we can check the numbers...as I think we have the numbers but some are not address confirmed......

Pete B said:
2. 67Westy
3. R73
5. Baj
7. Rob b - Maybe
8. Antione - Maybe
9. Robby - Maybe
10. dubdubz - Maybe
11. marcher - kent

can somone highlight my name or tell me how to do it :oops: cant seem to do it but deffo want to be on the list ;) thanks baj

2. 67Westy
3. R73
5. Baj - Dorset
7. Rob b - Maybe
8. Antione - Maybe
9. Robby - Maybe
10. dubdubz - Maybe
11. marcher - kent

5erge said:
2. 67Westy
3. R73
5. Baj - Dorset
7. Rob b Leicestershire
8. Antione - Maybe
9. Robby - Maybe
11. marcher - kent

You missed off a couple that had confirmed, amended now :D

Mr Brightside said:
5erge said:
2. 67Westy
3. R73
5. Baj - Dorset
7. Rob b Leicestershire
8. Antione - Maybe
9. Robby - Maybe
11. marcher - kent

You missed off a couple that had confirmed, amended now :D

can someone tell me what makes these different from the creative ones? as they are only £10 more than this "offer"?

which i wonder if you asked creative about a group buy maybe they would be cheaper?

also i dont understand the long in the tooth comment? surely thats a good thing they have been if they have been around for a while?
:msn4:

Basically Analog the Slamwerks ones are better/improved and there own design . The Creative ones have square adjuster blocks ( I.e the adjustable bolt ) with a single rose weld through the spring plate to hold them in postion . This is a strong weld but Not as Strong as the Slamwerks design where as there adjuster block fits into the spring plate its self and is welded front and back for added strength , The creative plates have square adjuster housings which if you run wide rear tyres you have to grind the edges off so your tyres arent damaged . The All new Slamwerks plates have rounded edges all ready and are a throughly better design

Finally and this has happened to me and several of my friends, Creative are very Loose with there delievery times , The God Bus on here paid for his Creative plates at the volksworld show and dispite ALOT of promises he got them 3 months later .....Not next week as Creative had promised when he originally paid for them . As creative have someone make there plates and have to wait on others etc its not always there fault

Guy and Ted make all there own products in house and therefore faster turnaround/Better quality

I have at the moment a set of slamwerks plates on the CVB and I also have a set of Creative ones on the Gadget Bus which Im very soon to be swopping for a set of Slamwerks ones ;)

67 Westy and Dubdubz Here you are

So to start with Slamwerks Adjustable spring plates are Kicked up at the Bolted end so this equates to a 1 spline drop already .

Now a spline drop on the rear = 1inch = 25mm ( Note these are outer splines only )

So if you set your new Slamwerks plates in the stock postion the same as the factory

Stock postion with SW Plates = a 1 spline drop = a 25mm drop

A one spline outer drop with SW plates effectively equals a two spline drop = 50mm BUT with more suspension travel I.e a more comfortable ride quality

Now the benefits of fitting adjustable spring plates are that if you wish to change the tyres etc You just lift the bus and slowly undo the grub screw and the wheel falls down so you can remove it . You cant do this on a standard spring plate as they dont fall when the rear is lifted as much as if fitted with an adjustable one .

If you wish to go more than a two spline drop then you will have to get into notching or clearencing the chassis to accomodate it :mrgreen:

Gadget

Gadget Boy said:
67 Westy and Dubdubz Here you are

So to start with Slamwerks Adjustable spring plates are Kicked up at the Bolted end so this equates to a 1 spline drop already .

Now a spline drop on the rear = 1inch = 25mm ( Note these are outer splines only )

So if you set your new Slamwerks plates in the stock postion the same as the factory

Stock postion with SW Plates = a 1 spline drop = a 25mm drop

A one spline outer drop with SW plates effectively equals a two spline drop = 50mm BUT with more suspension travel I.e a more comfortable ride quality

Now the benefits of fitting adjustable spring plates are that if you wish to change the tyres etc You just lift the bus and slowly undo the grub screw and the wheel falls down so you can remove it . You cant do this on a standard spring plate as they dont fall when the rear is lifted as much as if fitted with an adjustable one .

If you wish to go more than a two spline drop then you will have to get into notching or clearencing the chassis to accomodate it :mrgreen:

Gadget

cheers G

what is the approx adjustment available on the grub screw? as my bus has a very slight sag to the drivers side, which I believed could be 'tuned' out with adj springplates?

TBH quite alot, you could quite easily raise/lower the rear of the bus an inch and not run out of adjustment on the grub screw ;) In the past Ive raised the rear of the Gadget Bus to go to Europe with 3 lads in it and all our shite then Slammed it down again when Ive got to Spa :D

Gadget 8)

Thanks Gadget, just what I was after. I'm in then!

2. 67Westy (Lincoln)
3. R73
5. Baj - Dorset
7. Rob b Leicestershire
8. Antione - Maybe
9. Robby - Maybe
11. marcher - kent

Gadget must be on commision. 8) Seriously though thank you for your technical updates to this thread, they have confirmed plenty of questions people had running round in their heads.

Des

1. 5erge - (London/Bristol)
2. 67Westy - (Lincoln)
3. R73 - (Surrey/Hants Border)
4. The_Troupster - (Preston)
5. Baj - (Dorset)
6. Mr Brightside - (Chesterfield)
7. Rob b - (Leicestershire)

8. Antione - Maybe
9. Robby - Maybe
10. dubdubz - (Peterborough)
11. marcher - (Kent)
12. Pete B - (Peterborough)

I'm in no major rush for mine, so can meet at a show or summat. Perhaps DubFreeze...

Cheers
Jim

PS. I dont suppose anyone fancies a group buy on Transporterhaus dropped spindles do they?! :msn4:

I was thinking dubfreeze would be a good place to hand them
Out as I'm the nearest to derby I might be picking them up

Are many of you planning to go dub freeze?

Rob

im happy to pay for courrier to have mine shipped down to me, as i'm t'other end of the country to you :lol:

baj-dorset ;)

the_troupster said:
PS. I dont suppose anyone fancies a group buy on Transporterhaus dropped spindles do they?! :msn4:

Always a deal to be had :D . We just finished making more than 50 pairs over xmas so plenty in stock all years.

Latest posts