How to fit Slamwerks Adj Plates

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lets get a full list of people first, then work out shipping arrangements, be it collection from slamwerks at a show, member collection, twin delivery etc.. Just want to reduce as many of the costs as possible so everyone gets a good deal.

I was also looking at getting some replacement springplate bolts, let me know if this would be of interest and i'll faxtor in some prices. I know mine definately need replacing.

Des

Rob b said:
I was thinking dubfreeze would be a good place to hand them
Out as I'm the nearest to derby I might be picking them up

Are many of you planning to go dub freeze?

Rob

Hi cant make dub freeze - but if anybody nearer me is going perhaps they would be so kind as pick them up for me????

I'm in but i'm also in Canada. Would someone be able to ship them via the post office if I paypal them the money? When are we looking to get this going and when would they be done?

Rich

squareweave said:
I'm in but i'm also in Canada. Would someone be able to ship them via the post office if I paypal them the money? When are we looking to get this going and when would they be done?

Rich

Yeah Mate,

I can ship them for you.

Post Office may not be the cheapest way to ship though.

Cheers

G

Mr Brightside said:
squareweave said:

Rich

Yeah Mate,

I can ship them for you.

Post Office may not be the cheapest way to ship though.

Cheers

G

Perfect :party0049: , I'm in for sure then. What ever way you figure would be the best to ship

Gadget Boy said:
TBH quite alot, you could quite easily raise/lower the rear of the bus an inch and not run out of adjustment on the grub screw ;) In the past Ive raised the rear of the Gadget Bus to go to Europe with 3 lads in it and all our shite then Slammed it down again when Ive got to Spa :D

Gadget 8)

missed this apols - thanks very much

I'm pretty sure 'vaughn' from here wants some as well - i have pm'd him - asking him to confirm

the_troupster said:
1. 5erge - (London/Bristol)
2. 67Westy - (Lincoln)
3. R73 - (Chobham/Woking)
4. The_Troupster - (Preston)
5. Baj - (Dorset)
6. Mr Brightside - (Chesterfield)
7. Rob b - (Leicestershire)

8. Antione - Maybe
9. Robby - Maybe
10. dubdubz - (Peterborough)
11. marcher - (Kent)
12. Pete B - (Peterborough)

13. Vaughn - maybe

I

2. 67Westy - (Lincoln)
5. Baj - (Dorset)

8. Antione - Maybe
9. Robby - Maybe
11. marcher - (Kent)

13. Vaughn - maybe
14. Squareweave - Canada

Updated :mrgreen:

does anybody know if these eliminate negative camber? i tried horseshoes but could not get my wheel/tyre combo under without the negative camber.

cheers paul.

Analog said:
can someone tell me what makes these different from the creative ones?

The one thing that made me decide on the Slamwerks product is the fact the adjuster grub screw is located in a taper. To the best of my knowledge (I may be wrong) none of the others have this. Personally I would regard the omission of that taper to be a fundamental engineering design error and would therefore not entertain other products however good their manufacture may otherwise be. From what I have seen of Slamwerks products, it would be nigh on impossible to find any fault with the workmanship. Having met the boys a few times and knowing a few customers, I can confirm that they are grafters of the highest order. I am sure you will not get any rubbish excuses about stuff not being ready, if it's not done, chances are it's because 24 is not enough hours in the day.
The fact they have used a taper shows a concern for good engineering along with what I have seen of the workmanship means that is where my dosh will be headed.

Pete I wondered for minutes what you meant by taper - I'm still not 100% :lol: but assume you mean the locating dimple so the grub screw locates and has more surface area in contact?

the other noticeable feature for me is the other bolt that once height is set locks the 2 plates together

Nothing says it better than a side by side comparrision. Says it all really.

sidebyside.jpg

BTW, Creative have put their prices up so their plates are now the same as Slamwerks original pre groupbuy plates £225.

Also Guy contacted me and said they are making the next batch of plates and is ensuring there should be enough to cover our group buy.

Des

I would like to join the group buy as well.
Don't mind paying for a courier to get them delivered

2. 67Westy - (Lincoln)
5. Baj - (Dorset)

8. Antione - Maybe
9. Robby - Maybe
11. marcher - (Kent)

13. Vaughn - maybe
14. Squareweave - Canada
15. Mister - (Lewes, East Sussex)

:shock: I`ve been trying not to read this,,, cause I knew once I read it, I`d be writing this reply !!

AND ME,,,,,,,,,,,, PLEASE !! kind sirs.

I`m in Bristol, so whatever way works for the organising peeps, (and a big thanx to you peeps) courier / post / etc etc.
If it helps with prices for other early bayers , might be worth a small post on Late bay for any that missed the other group buy or Vizzers, or does that start to make it all a bit complicated etc etc,, ;) Just a thought out loud,

Ozziedog,,,,, Not renowned for his thinking abilities!!!!! :D ;) :D

ozziedog said:
might be worth a small post on Late bay

Unless I'm missing something these plates wont fit a crossover or later as the number of splines changed, or do slamwerks make a later version that isn't advertised on their site?

They will fit early crossovers but not lates this is what guy told me from Slamwerks

Cheers rob

Rob b said:
They will fit early crossovers but not lates this is what guy told me from Slamwerks

Cheers rob

Hi guys I asked slamwerks if they did them for my 72 crossover and was told not at the moment so I'm going down one spline for now

Mark6455 said:
Rob b said:

Cheers rob

Hi guys I asked slamwerks if they did them for my 72 crossover and was told not at the moment so I'm going down one spline for now

i'll take vaughn off the list then cos his is a 72

mister said:
I would like to join the group buy as well.
Don't mind paying for a courier to get them delivered

2. 67Westy - (Lincoln)
5. Baj - (Dorset)

8. Antione - Maybe
9. Robby - Maybe
11. marcher - (Kent)