how to fit sliding windows

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baz70bay

Reaction score
ive just had my bay painted and im having trouble sussing out how to fit the new sliding windows, has anyone done this and have any tips? I found that the big piece of rubber fits internally but its try to get it all in. soo tight.

I changed both the middle 2 windows to sliders but paid a firm to change them for me as they were a bit awkward. Think they did both for 60 gbp. From what i can remember they did a lot of head scratching/sharp intakes of breaths/ shaking heads and muttering never seen anything like it and been doing it for 10 years....
Anyway, they are both fitted now. The bigger bit of rubber should be on the outside. They fitted the rubber to the window and then fitted that into the hole with some slapping of the glass with someone on the inside lifting the seals over the lip till it seated right.
Hopefully the pics will help you get them in the right way round.

I'm embarking on fitting rubbers this week,at the moment the rubbers are bit fitting great on frame but they are not preformed corner like the rest so may be more snug to frame when fitted???

Seals are from c&c

Will update progress

sliders went in easier than all the others, but sussed it in the end, I used a tub of silicone grease, and string. and a helpful pair of hands pushing from outside.

I've fitted sliders in my door and rear side window, the seal took a while to work out which way it went but we got there in the end, it's hard to explaing via text but once you get it you'll go "ohhhhhhhhhhh yeah" they look great too.

Latest posts