Huey - RHD Single Cab

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been through loads of colour's. . I hate choosing colours purely cause it has to look good, suit the vehicle and suit the vehicles use..
I looked at neptune blue, coral red, white and even bought mouse grey...
But once the grey was on it looked too brown so sacked it off and bought java green instead

Haha. . Java is more aqua. .
Blue was never an option add they are everywhere. I wanted grey. . But so many shades look like primer so knocked that on the head. . And ended up with java

Also decided to actually see what the paint will actually look like. So id already keyed inside the cab and treasure chest so whacked some paint on.. think it'll look good.

Like it! looks so much better with the metal sides. Good work dood 8)

Cheers buddy... drilled holes for the front vw badge too as it wasnt on before hand.. drop gates are bent dented and wonky but ive tried to straighten them..they arent great but will have to do... adds a bit of character anyway.

Off to wet sand the rest of the truck now and get paint on exterior tomorrow or Wednesday hopefully once the primer has dried from wet sanding

Also fixed this.. noticed Scott put it in but it didnt fit properly.. so was taped..

My theory is the air box had been pushed inwards and so the air pipes didnt line up anymore..
I didnt have much choice other than to cut it so it sat further back.. so I sliced the back off.. turned it inside out and welded it back up again..line up with the bolt holes now.. result. .

I know its bodged..but no other way around it other than taking the front panel off...and thats not happening

Bit more of an update..

Exterior paint done. . Still needs a bit of colour sanding and polishing

Narrowed beam is in situ..
Horseshoe plates also going on today.

Cheers guys.. Last minute colour choice but glad I chose it..
Gates are a bit rippled.. but they will do.. its not a show piece by any means but will get used so im not fussed that they are..

Was just about to lower it.. did a test run and the drive shaft is 10mm away from the chassis..so its going to need a notch...
Thats with horseshoe plates and one spline.. so im going to have to mix up the inners and outers a bit to get a good combo that lowers it enough without notches for the time being

Got the beam on and flipped spindles.. The front just keeps dropping onto the wheel arch. . And that's is highest position. . Have no idea why. . Possibly either have to tub it or put original spindles back on :(

This is how it sits. . Isnt touching the arch in these pics though

The more I look at the colour the more I like it. It's like Velvet green meets Neptune blue.

Cheers. Im pleased with the colour. .think it suits it.. looks good in the sunshine.. and darker when in the garage

Latest posts