Humbug and Busfest Trip

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justcruzin

Reaction score
This last weekend, Aug. 9-11th. We set out on our journey to McKinleyville CA for the Humbugs VW Show. This was the farthest I have driven the bus. A little over 600 miles round trip.

Thought I'd share some pics of the trip with you all. :D

For the most part I followed my hubby who was driving the 64 bus.

He did manage to get behind me once. LOL

Stopped for some lunch. We had to park out back on the street behind the Taco Bell. I think it was the only place in town to eat at. The drive threw never let up the whole time we were there. It was always about 5 cars waiting to order.

Got a little off course. Came down this dirt road.

Ok, not really, but I thought it would be fun to back up it a bit and take some pics. LOL

Found a shoe tree along the way.

We got stopped and had to wait for some road clean up. Sure was a dusty drive through that section. Then it rained a few miles up the road! :x

Needless to say, the dust on my bus was no longer dust. LOL

Another rest stop.

Found a restroom across the street. LOL

We finally made it to McKinleyville and found a nice little RV Park to call home for the night.

That night we watched a movie.

Found an great way to lay down in bed and finish watching the movie. :D

At the show.

I love my windsock and flag poles! :D

Interesting 69 "Wide" bug.

After the show we decided to make our way to Antioch for Busfest. Hubby managed to get a couple pics of me and my bus. :D

We made it about 30 miles away from Antioch and decided to call it a night. Hubby's 64 doesn't lock so he tied the 2 front door together on the inside then had me pull as close as I could to make it hard for someone to open the cargo doors.

At Busfest.

Thought this was different.

Kind of liked this one. :D

Getting ready to leave.

Waiting for the ferry.

Bus boat! LOL

We had a great time and only had 2 little issues along the way. My hubby's bus started leaking from the rear seal and my bus lost power to the dome lights, hazards, and the power source that I ran my accessories on. I finally figured out the problem on that today. I wire fell off the fuse panel. A friend is going to come over tomorrow and help me get things tidied up on it so it won't happen again.

I look forward to our next trip, when I can get my hubby to take time off work again. That is like pulling teeth with him! LOL

Hope I didn't bore you guy's to much. :D

Great pics andwrite up - loving the wind socks over there :mrgreen:

simo said:
Great pics andwrite up - loving the wind socks over there :mrgreen:

LOL, yah and I'm the only one that has them! LOL There is one other guy that flys a VW flag but it is on maybe an 8foot solid bar on top of his bus. Mine are way higher. LOL :D

I have to thank this site for the idea! I love them. :D

realy nice pic's,

might have to sugest to my partner a van each as my snoring is horendus lol

enjoy yourselves

Thanks everyone. We did have a good time. Yah, it is neat to have his and hers buses. Now he even has an early bay, so next time it will be to bays on the road. :D

Latest posts