I did stop honest.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gas1man

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
Dormobile
Coming back from a great week away in Devon walking the coastal path, unfortunately came across
two sad souls and we hope they made it back to where they were going.
First a great looking patina splitty heading for London with a blowout and had breakdown on it's way. :(
Second an EB with a blown engine and someone on there way to recover. M5 between Exeter and Taunton. :(

Both were that days purchases, really hope they don't get discouraged, it's part of the fun getting there. :lol: :lol:

Safe trips everyone.

J & P
:D :D :D

Good on you matey for trying to help!
Its not the first time ive heard of people buying vans and putting their foot to the floor ragging them up the Motorway
and only getting 30 miles or so
cooked smoke bang! :(

A mate of mine used to rent out bay campers to the general masses, many a story of blown engines. One time a guy turned up in his Bimmer wagon, loaded the family in the Bay and set off. An hour later he came back complaining that something was wrong with the Bay 'It will only do 60', to which the reply was, 'yes' thats what they do'. 'i'll never get to Cornwall!' He offloaded his family back into the Bimmer and went on his merry way.

Good on ya for helping :D
I reckon there should be a way for us veedubbers to identify someone who has broken down vs someone who is just stopping for a stretch of their legs.

Nothing worse than breaking down and seeing people drive past and wave in their buses because they think you're ok.

Likewise, stopping to "help" a veedubber who then says "I'm fine, I've just stopped for a fag"

Still, better to stop and try to help either way I guess.
Years ago, I stopped to help a bug on the M5 who's fanbelt had snapped and I had a spare so we fitted it in 2 seconds and away they went very happy, especially as they didn't have any breakdown cover!
DON
:)

I carry one of these (like rally drivers use ;) ):
fia-a3-sos-ok-board-993-p.jpg

SOS on one side OK on the other.

I normally work on engine lid open - need help, otherwise OK. Yes I realise many things other than the engine can cause you to come to a halt but most of the time you'll end up popping the engine lid!

Had a similar experience where the wheel came off 100 miles after I'd picked up the camper (same day purchase too). Looks like the wheel bearings weren't fitted correctly so the wheel hub didn't fit. Has stressed me out a bit but hopefully will recover! :lol:

Latest posts