If you`re old enough think hard.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biggelmo

Reaction score
Heres a thought..
If you were born before your bay was built.
How old and where were you when it was built.
Decode you build date code and chassis number and think hard...

Heres mine

2312104011 50 5 (December 11 1970) I think

I was 6 1/2 and recovering from having my tonsells removed.
We had just moved house from Caffyns garage in Eastbourne (where dad worked).

Come on think hard.

July 71,

2 years 1 month

I would have been sat in the garden in Falenbostal Germany with my dog Falk

Though memory is a little vague around them days :D

Mine was registered on the 14 July 71

Not sure about built without looking at the m codes

So it was rgesitered almost 9 years before I was born :shock:

My birthday is at the start of may 1971

and my camper is march 1971 so theres not much difference

but i know how he must feel :lol: think i need a resto

My van is Feb 1970 and I was born October 73, so not even a twinkle in the vans eye for 3 years 8)

Friday 23rd April 1971, I was -6 years old, my brother was just under a year away from being a twinkle and my parents had been married for 18 months :wink:

Got a '72 so I was 8 years away from being born so I think my parents were just getting together :D

I was enjoying my last pre-Kindergarten summer and dreaming of one day having a 1970 tintop (or wishing I was Speed Racer or something...)

Van's late 69 so I was 2 1/2yrs old and not doubt wearing some lovely 70's cloths (not!), proberly digging my parents garden up, seem to do that for some reason

1970, Wolfsburg, Germany:Heinz and Fritz had just sat down to lunch and chatted about finishing that one last van before the day was out.

Meanwhile in Perth Canada, my parents had not yet met.

shane r said:
1970, Wolfsburg, Germany - Friday afternoon : Heinz and Fritz got pissed at lunch time and thought, "Sod It! we'll do one more this arvo .... a couple of lines should help us through ...."

Meanwhile in Perth Canada, my parents had not yet met.

:shock:

Eve was born in 1971 so I'm 6 years older and look way better than her at the moment! As for what I was doing? Had just moved over to Leeds from sunny Lytham and was missing all my mates. Bless!

Justin & Mutley said:
My van and I are about the same age - I guess I was dribbling, talking nonsense and soiling myself! Not much has changed...

;)

Now that is funny 8) 8) :lol: :lol:

Latest posts