Ignition housing 1970

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stevo96

Reaction score
Hi,
I've managed to damage my one year only ignition housing by trying to remove the barrel.. does anyone have a spare? Kicking myself big time as I've since sussed out how to remove it.

Are you sure that it's one year only as this seems to differ? :

STEERING LOCK 8/69 - 7/72

http://www.kieftenklok.nl/shop/index.php/en/homepage/search/ignition/results,33-32

There's a post on the samba which shows a 70 v's a 71 and they are completely different.undortunately the site shows it's out of stock anyway. I'll keep searching.

Sorry.

If you can post a pic I might have one as I was caught out by the differences when restoring mine so I ended up with a couple of spare ones.

So this is the one you're looking for?

Bay Bus 1970 Only Ignition Housing

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1834457

No, the little silver housing that the barrel sits in. I'm buying a new barrel and key tomorrow to see if I can get away with the damage. If it doesn't work I'll report back.👍

I would think Desi Yates will have one, I think his name on here is thegatekeeper or similar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ok, I found a post of his in the For sale/Wanted section.
Put the name in all lower case and with spaces between the words, should get him for you. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks Sam, I've messaged him. I can't believe how hard this part is to find. I bought a new barrel and switch for mine, I thought I'd got away with the damage to the housing but not so, it turns but the May final turn to crank the engine is really hard to turn and almost bends the key. It's my own fault for drilling out the barrel.

I have found a NOS ignition casing with ignition lock and key plus steering lock. Problem is i bought this from Just Kampers 21 years ago ish. Im not 100% but i think its for 67-69 models so probably no help?

Latest posts