Ignition switch

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thejinx

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So my ignition switch (I think) was playing up. Decided to buy a new one and fit it. Removed the old one to be greeted by god Now’s what. (See pic). I have no idea what is what. The new one also pictured looks nothing like this. It’s seems POs have butchered the loom. I have to options find a mobile auto electrician who knows old vehicles or fit a push button start. Thoughts please

Attachments

• IMG_6686.jpeg
    IMG_6686.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_6687.jpeg
    IMG_6687.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Ouch!!

I fitted a remote witch/button also have the option of making it descret for another security measure.

I’ve worked out 4 of the wires. I’m hoping the other 2 are part of a generic loom. So I can get the van to turn over but have no ignition light

I have literally just fitted a new ignition switch today. The wires are as follows:

Switch terminal numbers: 30 - Battery Power from Headlight Switch (Red wire). 15 - Power to Fuse Box (Black wire). 50 - Power to Starter (Red and White wire). P - Parking Position Power (Grey wire. NOTE: This is not used, so can be cut off at the terminal).

Assuming you have an early bay, your ignition switch should only have 4 wires, with only 3 wires required.

There are 2 types of switches depending on year, early ones only have 4 wires, later ones have 6 wires, have you got the right one, 68-70MY and then 71 to 74MY

Latest posts