• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Indicator switch wanted

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marshy

Reaction score
My indicator switch has decided it doesnt want to turn left, I think it's the plates worn and will try and file these smooth but if it doesn't work does anyone have one for sale? Don't need the housing
Thanks

I'd be interested in your progress (and any pics! :) ) with this, as mine is a bit feeble too. They seem to work better if firmly screwed into the housing. I have also replaced the 'return' springs with new ones too which has helped - which but are you suggesting might need filing down?

Hi dickie, I filed the mechanical part (hope it's clear in the picture) as I believe the wear and tear over the years had made a groove which stopped the switch from throwing, mines working again now (for now) :) thanks to a 7 quid set of needle files from screw fix

Ah - I see - good shout, and cheers for putting the picture up!

Also I believe there should be a third spring between the two hooks (uppermost on your first pic) which pull them together... It's a bigger diameter and obviously longer than the pair of return springs...

Have left the switch at work so can't grab a shot but will hopefully remember tomorrow...!

No probs, I took off the larger Spring for easier access to the moving plates for filing, hoping its resolved my issues

Latest posts