Info needed

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zx14rmark

Reaction score
Hello all im thinking about buying this camper van can anyone give me any tips and advice please ?

10695060_869373123075193_1073878060_n.jpg

10681669_869373246408514_688205775_n.jpg

10543076_843683562310816_1925595722_n.jpg

I guess it depends what your looking for but it is panel van so window in sliding door isn't original andrag top wouldn't be original. I had a van with a rag top and found it to be pointless as it was a massive effort to take it on and off and couldn't really drive with it open anyway, I would only have pop top or tin top.

Front panel looks like it's been messed about, funny indicators and that line above the bumper shouldn't be there.

How much is it going for? I wouldn't pay over the odds for it

Looks to have a lot of work done :msn4:

Why not go for something like this I know it's up for 6k but worth the extra imo looks a decent bus

You may get it for less :msn4:

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=62538" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Chris

zx14rmark said:
The one im looking at Chris is mot'd and drivable on the road now but thanks any way

doubt you'd get a pop top on to that as that hole in the roof has been cut well far back but I'm not a pop top expert. the front panel is boggy, i think the grille is late bay aswell.

I wouldn't pay 5k for it.

I think sometimes advertised price of vans makes makes you think your getting a bargain when your not. Mine was up for 8.5k and they accepted 6.5k

zx14rmark said:
What would you say was a realistic price for this van ?

I reckon, reading between the lines, that the advice is probably 'don't buy it' rather than haggle the price down.

I paid £8k for mine, probably too much in hindsight, but the deal maker was that I knew exactly what I was getting, whereas this looks like a Heinz 57, a bit of a mongrel.

You asked for advice, but at the end of the day it's your money...good luck, whatever you decide to do. :|

Hi Mark, you are the one who will be the owner and driver of this van,my advice would be take someone with you who knows a thing or 2 about air cooled vehicles, to look it over, try to knock them down, and if you like it take a chance and buy it, at the end of the day you will probably get your money back if you decide after a while it's not what you want, you will find that a lot of these forums are full of experts,giving all sorts of expert advice. Go with what your gut feeling is, buy it,drive it, love it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I bought it ive driven it but it needs a lot of work doing to it.
Im just looking at it as a long term project.
Im also prepared to throw a few grand into it just having trouble sourcing one vital part I would like to buy a chasis but cant find anyone that can sell me one i dont really want to "make good" the original chasis , but i seems i might have to unless i can find one

I don't think I've ever seen a full chassis up for sale, if the chassis is good the whole bus probably is! they're not bolt on like beetles and I think would be a hell of a job to do a body swap.

Can't see you will have much choice but to make the existing chassis good by repairs and maybe some chassis sections cuts

bluenose said:
I don't think I've ever seen a full chassis up for sale, if the chassis is good the whole bus probably is! they're not bolt on like beetles and I think would be a hell of a job to do a body swap.

Can't see you will have much choice but to make the existing chassis good by repairs and maybe some chassis sections cuts
I think your right ...il have to make good

zx14rmark said:
I bought it ive driven it but it needs a lot of work doing to it.
Im just looking at it as a long term project.
Im also prepared to throw a few grand into it just having trouble sourcing one vital part I would like to buy a chasis but cant find anyone that can sell me one i dont really want to "make good" the original chasis , but i seems i might have to unless i can find one

You wont find a chassis for sale as the bus is really a monocoque construction with the body panels and sills giving the chassis strength etc rather than a separate body and chassis like a beetle, occasionally front chassis legs and rear legs come up for sale but thats about it, repair sections are available for most bits of the chassis from Schofields just be careful of the black Klockenheim panels they are sh*te.

Closest I've seen to a chassis for sale is this one for £999.

volkswagen_Complete_VW_Bay_window_T2_RHD_Chassis_body_cut_repair_section__3.JPG

You'd have to be brave to tackle that!

Arran

Sparky said:
Closest I've seen to a chassis for sale is this one for £999.

volkswagen_Complete_VW_Bay_window_T2_RHD_Chassis_body_cut_repair_section__3.JPG

You'd have to be brave to tackle that!

Arran
Is that still for sale ???? where is it il have it

Latest posts