Ingnition only on second try, is this normal?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaosnjleach

Reaction score
Hi all, my van runs well but since having the engine rebuilt on first turn there is no reaction second time it fires. Once it took 4 goes, any ideas please? Thanks Jason.

Mine is getting slowly worse, 1st turn of the key nothing then 2nd turn fires the starter, I've changed starters recently and still them same so my money is on the ignition switch which is a pita to change

I just changed my ignition switch today . starts up with a tickle 8)

I thought changing it was gonna be a pain In the arse but it was easy

Thanks guys found one on machine 7 for 23 quid and a simple video on YouTube. Next weekend job. Thanks Jason

It's fiddly but not difficult, you only have to change the starter piece of the ignition which is held in by a grub screw, you need to undo the 4 screws that hold the column in from underneath and pull the column away from the dash, after that it's relatively easy to take the old one out and connect the new one up, hardest bit is getting the new module rotated into the right location for it to line up without damaging the connections on the end of it.

http://youtu.be/Vvmyv1jmJMQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; This should get you there cheers

Latest posts