Insurance for an off the road bay

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paul_loves_borbons

Reaction score
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knew much about getting insurance for a camper that is off the road. I've just got mine back from welding and spraying (pics to be uploaded soon) but I won't be able to get it on the road for a few months yet. I would still like to have some insurance cover on it though just in case something happened.

Does anyone have any advice or know of an insurer that provides cover for vehicles undergoing restoration?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Paul

I have mine insured with Peter Best.they are happy to keep the agreed value even if off the road & under restoration.Mine is MOT less and paintless atm but still covered.I just had to let them know the address where the bus is being restored/kept.

never had to make a claim,but always been cheaper & good service over the phone.

When i 1st got mine it was very much a project, i just rung up and insured it on a limited mileage (think it was about 1500 miles) and providing the agreed value was below £4.5k they didn't need any pics.
Also meant when i finally got it road worthy i was insured to drive it to the MOT station without any worries

Hi

Yes here is the guy from CVI!!! We can do it, and we can do most restos in process and cover the vehicle and its parts whilst in pieces.

Give us a call or go online.

Cheers

Pete
0800 9542860

Thanks for the advice everyone.

I ended up going for a limited mileage policy with 2gether insurance (http://www.2getherinsurance.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;). They seem to provide good cover at a reasonable price.

Cheers

Paul

Latest posts