Insurance quotes

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2gether insurance £220 with euro cover 9000 miles agreed 7.5k value policy with breakdown and as above said didnt tale no claims as dont need them. Beware though as when i canceled my t25 policy i got mega charges! from my 260 pound paid in full insurance after 3 months i got 40 quid back. i only got that as i have my bay with them they were going to give me 20 :msn4: :evil: .
after some swearing i simply said i wouldnt recomend or use them again so read the fine print people.

Hobo

said admin then a clause as many stop camper insurance during winter and then just bla bla bla till i fell out with them but lesson learned.

I hope posting the way 2gether insurance does business on here will lose them a lot more of the green stuff then i lost. im not really a spitefull guy but hate gettin ripped off and if i can help others avoid this then im more than happy if you all avoid them.
:evil:
Hobo

well ..... i've been happy with their prices for 3 years. and they now seem to have a little dedicated camper page on their site:

http://cherished.carolenash.com/campervans.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

one thing i've not been chuffed about though is the admin fee for moving house @ £25. It is on their terms and conditions though so i can't complain to much .... and i won't be moving again.

if you take up insurance with cherished you are helping the site as they pay a substantial amount of our server costs. im not bias but ive found them to be the cheapest and the service excellent. two buses and a convertible bug for £260 a year.

who is the cheapest for a 21 year old? as the likes of cherished and that only insure over 25's. think im currently with flux but its like £800ish.

Johnny said:
if you take up insurance with cherished you are helping the site as they pay a substantial amount of our server costs. im not bias but ive found them to be the cheapest and the service excellent. two buses and a convertible bug for £260 a year.

I was with them last year, but this year renewal is was over £50 higher then CN :roll: :roll:

I can recommend RH highly its about £100 for our bug and 200 for the bus with 3k lim.miles (but have never claimed on their insurance).
I was with adrian flux very briefly, but do not touch those fuckers with a bargepole people, problem is most of them are brokers for the same company as i found out when they ripped me off, the dirty little shits.
About a year ago i was looking for renewal quotes, rang A.Flux and theirs was on the poor side, then the twat says "do you drive other cars sir" so then wow he could save me loads of money ! (only the bus is in my name, the rest are in the wifes or co. vehicle) so i go with their great new quote (180 ish)and eventually they keep sending back the form about owning other vehicles to which i replied named driver on all, no claims etc sent copies, but no joy.
Its partly my fault for not sorting it the same day but by the time i got to the chase and they now wanted about £550 , new quote due to :evil: :shock: for not owning all the other cars i drive i had gone over the 14 day cancellation date by one day..
Only then i found out that most of the other co.'s are all the same insurer, when asking for new quotes :roll: in the region of £300-£600..
so i lost my £100 deposit with Flux, called them a bunch of cunts :x swore i'd never use them again..

Rang RH, sorted.. about £200 knicker, thank you
sorry for the rant, just dont want any of you caught out like i was :oops: , when they say "drive other vehicles" they mean own, with your name on the log book, be warned :?

Could I ask a question? We are looking to buy a camper very soon around £10-12000. 8)

My wife and I drive our own cars so the van would be a second vehicle for me. Would this affect the insurance much? I'm 38?

It should be alot cheaper then the car insurance, should be able to insure as a "classic car"

mattie said:
Could I ask a question? We are looking to buy a camper very soon around £10-12000. 8)

My wife and I drive our own cars so the van would be a second vehicle for me. Would this affect the insurance much? I'm 38?

I'm also the wrong side of 40, but found that some of the go to insurers wouldn't cover me for left hand drive until I had 12 months experience - im sure the risk of driving something more powerful but right hand drive on the continent is a higher risk, and I've done many tripsmike that - at least in the bus I know I can't overtake! Peter James sorted me in the end with recovery and limited mileage, but wrong side of £200.

Due agin soon, hoping for much better deal

dazza1975 said:
Any one used Adrian Flux for camper insurance?

I have a motorbike policy with them so they can do me a better discount apparently. Comes in pretty cheap compared to other quotes I've had. One wanted £690 with only 3 thou a year.

Flux quoted £200 with 60 day european cover etc on 5thou a year.

Seems to good to be true but all paper work they sent through seems to check out! Thought I'd see if anyone else has used these!

Ta

Adrian Flix :evil: :evil: they will insure you ok, try & make a legit claim & they turn into your worst enemy.

just a quick update on my insurance ...... just had renewal as follows:

Fully comp
UK and Euro breakdown
Motor legal protection
Foreign Use
Agreed value
5000 miles
£200 excess
Social, domestic, pleasure and commuting (to one place of work)

@ £125 with Carole Nash

Just had my renewal through from Cherished. Rang another insurer and they beat the quote, £150 agreed 16k 3000 miles, going to try CN

Latest posts