interia paint code

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yoda

Reaction score
can anyone tell me the paint code for the rear of a '71 dormobil conversion. Would it be cloud white, as its faded not sure if its white or cream cheers.

I struggled to find a match with the interior paint for my Dormy too. In the end I went with a modern VW colour - Volkswagen Candy White. This is not an exact match but with a little blending looks acceptable. I have only used it to touch up certain areas and the shadows/light on the inside mean its not noticeable that it is different (unless you examine it closely with a bright light).

I appreciate this probably isn't the answer you were looking for, so just think of it as an alternative if you can't get hold of the real thing.

I will follow the thread just in case someone comes up with the real answer. Just a thought but is it stated on the M plate?

Hi, I too have struggled to find out. All I do know is that mine is a kind of pastel grey / bluey white that was painted over the VW L275 Light Beige at the Dormobile factory. I have got a Dormobile colour card that shows various colours they used at The Tile Kiln Lane Factory but there is no reference to which vehicles they were applied to and none of the colours look to match anyway!

Maybe you could remove something small (tailgate hinge cover) and get the colour matched by one of the clever paint people who use spectra thingamabobs!

If you or anyone else do go this route, give me a shout as I would be interested in getting some rattle cans made up

Cheers

Andy

thanks for your help guys thought it was an easy question.No it doesn't come up in the M code only body colour. hopefully someone might read this latter.

I thought mine was l275 as per the m plate. No evidence of an over paint by dormobile. Ended up having it painted external colour when resprayed.

When I checked the M code it only said Interior color (doorpanels and seats) 51 - Dark Beige Leatherette and gave my the body colour neptune blue

Bit more info here but when this was discussed before, but nothing really new to add.

I am going to see if I can get the colour matched when I get to needing paint (probably about 6 months time)

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5866" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks Fortunate son had a look not sure it i would call it beige.But I have found different colours under the top layer of paint as referred to.Think it was beige under the top coat.Ill have to have another closer look.

Latest posts