Interior options

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

subheatadey

Reaction score
Me again!! I have no storage in my van other than under the bed seat, I use my bus every day for work so i need the space but after a few camping weekends i now realise it needs to work as a camper for the weekends so i need advice on the best solutions for cupboards and storage that are easily removable during the week when it is back to work mode. Anyone any thoughts what would best suit my needs? Pictures of others interiors would be much appreciated. :)

My old late bay was a Devon but was a daily driver, so I was dragging all that weight around for no reason. I ripped it out and went for a full width rock and roll bed with a removable unit with a 2 burner and a small sink and a storage cupboard underneath, and a flip up table to the side (flipped up over the bench seat for eating). The unit was secured into rails set in the OSB floor. All the gear was from Reimo (Google them) and was top notch. This worked for me as I just put the unit in for weekends away.

SiDev said:
My old late bay was a Devon but was a daily driver, so I was dragging all that weight around for no reason. I ripped it out and went for a full width rock and roll bed with a removable unit with a 2 burner and a small sink and a storage cupboard underneath, and a flip up table to the side (flipped up over the bench seat for eating). The unit was secured into rails set in the OSB floor. All the gear was from Reimo (Google them) and was top notch. This worked for me as I just put the unit in for weekends away.

Cheers for that, that is something i would like to do - but on a tight budget - i don't suppose you have any piccys for inspiration? Gonna google reimo now, did the storage unit have water and a water heater built into it and was there also a tank for waste water? Don't suppose you have the product page as I find the Reimo site a trifle confusing. Cheers

An overhead locker and a buddy seat with a hinged lid behind the driver would add plenty of extra space. If you fix the buddy seat to the bulkhead with quick release fastenings (race car bonnet pin style) then its a 30 second job to remove if you needed the space back.

Maybe also worth adding a folding shelf to the bulkhead behind the passenger seat too so you have somewhere to stick a camping stove etc when on your travels and store the stove in the gap behind the passenger seat when not in use.

I nearly forgot, dont bother with the type of table that require a seperate leg with the big attatchment in the floor to stand them in, they just eat storage space as you need somewhere to stow them.

A much better one is the westy syle folding table that attatches to the long panel oposite the door but instead of a fold down leg use a pair of hinged spring brackets (I'm going to convert my westy table to them as soon as I get some spare time).

http://www.jacksonscamping.com/hinged-spring-bracket-250mm/p6148" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Overhead locker. I have a couple in my garage you can template from if you like?
Also have an early, Devon swing-out cooker for measurements.
What about a roof rack?

Cheers George, overhead lock is on the cards - homemade of course as is a buddy seat i think - and i would like to have a look at Devon swing out cooker for measurements - i may call up on Saturday as we discussed and have a look at your progress and see if there's anything i can do to help?

skint_golfer said:
I nearly forgot, dont bother with the type of table that require a seperate leg with the big attatchment in the floor to stand them in, they just eat storage space as you need somewhere to stow them.

A much better one is the westy syle folding table that attatches to the long panel oposite the door but instead of a fold down leg use a pair of hinged spring brackets (I'm going to convert my westy table to them as soon as I get some spare time).

http://www.jacksonscamping.com/hinged-spring-bracket-250mm/p6148" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cheers, i have looked at these before you can even get them in Stainless Mmmm

Latest posts