introducing fry! 37 years locked away, now he is out!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fanofthevan-SWEDEN

Reaction score
Dont think I will sleep tonight- too excited!
Today we picked him up! here are a few tasters of "fry" and more to come when I get time.
18ooo miles from new, this bus is like new! everything og, was used for 1 and half 2 years and then stored away in a garage until now : )
carefully loading
2007_0311book4cooking0074.jpg

quick check of the straps on the journey home-kent on the left me on the right
2007_0311book4cooking0101.jpg

Tipping into the garage
2007_0311book4cooking0114.jpg

what a lovely site, ive been lifting mats for years waiting to see this!
2007_0311book4cooking0140.jpg

lots more to tell you
hope you like - steve-fanofthevan

2007_0311book4cooking0151.jpg

here are the original vw spark plugs that were in the glove box, the 2nd set are in the bus now!

2007_0311book4cooking0166.jpg

Stig, the man who bought this bus new in 1968 made and fitted this perspex screen which protected the front of his bus from stonechips, it bolts on to brackets that he made which locate on the front bumper brackets, he told me how the top used to fix to the screen with suckers. We were lucky enough to find this screen in a huge pile of things that he was sorting out.
2007_0311book4cooking0170.jpg

hats of to stig! he knew how to look after his ride! He also happened to be the best undersealer in sweden and didnt hesitate in giving his bus the best treatment too.

Fantastic find, as good as the micro that was on theSamba.com a couple of years ago. It sold for 25000 euroes.
I think you should call your matlifting career quits now. You are never going to better this effort, everything else will be a letdown.
Congratulations and pass on our thanks to Stig!
I always wondered where th bloke on Top Gear lived and what he had in his garage.

HOLY S...........................!!! 8) Sweet find, nice bus for sure.

A trip to Swedeb anyone?! :lol:

That's absolutely beuatiful!

Have you any intention of attending any meetings this season with that bus? Though mainly about BugRun, but also the Sthlm v-dubs meeting at Gärdet, sthlm.

(I though I saw a familiar face, say Hi to Kent from me, he knows who I am)

Hej Kee
jag Hoppas at jag kan åka på så manga traffar som möjligt i år.
hoppas det blir en snart!
Kents had told me lots about you! and your westy and your split single cab.
Ive been driving kents 2nd bay to work for the last week and the weather today is excellent, vår nu! sommar snart.......
Are you driving your westy? I would like to take some pictures for the book we are making.
oh and do you remember some english guy contacting you through the samba a few years ago about finding garage space in stockholm? that was me!
we need more gatherings in the stockholm area! a spring dust off ya bus cruise would be cool?

Latest posts