introducing fry! 37 years locked away, now he is out!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember having contact with someone, but as far as I remember that guy drove a fasty or something like that. It might just be my memory failing me.

The westy isn't on the road yet. Got some parts today that I've been waiting months for to come (sadly the wrong fuel tank sending unit). So with that I'm about to pick him togheter again, hopefully it won't be long since he's already MOT:ed. I'd love to be featured in your book but I got the impression that you were looking for "nice" buses. Mine is kinda dodgy. But when I'm well on the road again I'll be glad to meet somewhere and you could decide for yourself I won't be sad if it's not what you where looking for.

The spring meet that is commonly known as "the spring meet" here is the one at "Gärdet" wich the local club is arranging. Some of us in the bus club usually get togheter afterwards for a barbecue later on in the eavening.

Well maybe time to stop OT:ing now 8)

you lucky bastard 8) 8)

hope you keep her as she is , stock.

greetz greg

Cooer! 8) 8)

Don't suppose you wanna swap for a late bay that has even fewer miles on the clock?
No? I thought that'd be your answer! :lol:

Looking forward to seeing lots more pics! :D

2007_0311book4cooking0121.jpg

WE LOVE FRY! WE LOVE FRY! WE LOVE FRY! WE LOVE FRY! WE LOVE FRY! WE LOVE FRY! WE LOVE FRY! WE LOVE FRY! WE LOVE FRY! WE LOVE FRY! WE LOVE FRY! WE LOVE FRY! WE LOVE FRY! WE LOVE FRY! WE LOVE FRY!

;)

yes ! so am I !
I Havnt started it yet either!
Since getting it home Ive done nothing with the bus except making sure that Im not dreaming, so ive been going to the garage and just looking a lot!
The other day I lifted of the spare wheel cover in the back and found the og tire, strapped in, its never been moved!
Im waiting for a few more of the "winter stored" cars to leave us and then I will have much more room so I can get him ready for the first drive.
Im planning on just changing the brake fluid and checking the system and Also the fuel lines.
My Dad said it might be a good idea to put a little oil down the bores, which Ill prob do.
Was also thinking that Ill turn the engine over for a while with the airgun, and get the oil moving around before firing it up ?
Anyone have any other suggestions?
Hopefully get him out of the garage and give him a wash soon too, Then im going to take some pics.
Cant wait for that first drive!

It must be so wierd - I wouldnt want to do anything to it - not even start it !! just wrap in cotton wool ...

Sorry, but it was built to be used, so just use and enjoy (and show it off) until its knackered like mine :D

fanofthevan-SWEDEN said:
yes ! so am I !
I Havnt started it yet either!
Since getting it home Ive done nothing with the bus except making sure that Im not dreaming, so ive been going to the garage and just looking a lot!
The other day I lifted of the spare wheel cover in the back and found the og tire, strapped in, its never been moved!
Im waiting for a few more of the "winter stored" cars to leave us and then I will have much more room so I can get him ready for the first drive.
Im planning on just changing the brake fluid and checking the system and Also the fuel lines.
My Dad said it might be a good idea to put a little oil down the bores, which Ill prob do.
Was also thinking that Ill turn the engine over for a while with the airgun, and get the oil moving around before firing it up ?
Anyone have any other suggestions?
Hopefully get him out of the garage and give him a wash soon too, Then im going to take some pics.
Cant wait for that first drive!

id put some oil down the bores and turn it over by hand (or a socket and ratchet) when your ready to fire it up take the main HT lead of and spin it over in short bursts to get the oil pressure up.
the petrol may be iffy so drain it and replace it. also the crankshaft seal may be brittle so its possible it may leak once up and running.
good luck :wink:

Latest posts