Is this any good ? leisure battery kit ??

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wilber71

Reaction score
Hi, I have just purchased this from Ebay -
VW T2 Camper/Bus 70A/Amp Split Charge & Leisure Battery Fitting Kit + Inverter

Has anybody used one of these on their bus ??

What type of leisure battery should I be thinking of getting to run just, lights, charging ipad, iphone , camera etc ??

Cheers :D

Also I have read that it is better to place my new fuse box right next to my old one, under the steering wheel ???? is this correct ??

I got a halfords battery, 110 or 115 I think. Fits nicely and should last a good while with that kind of load. You can put the fuse box where ever you want. I ran one feed to the front and bolted fuse box to the air vents. This feeds charger, radio and interior lights. Then another feed to underneath the buddy seat where a fuse box runs propex and more charging.

I think that's the same kit I got off eBay too, but could be wrong. Mine works great, paired it with a Halfords battery and all seems good.

Hi, Do you have a dummy's diagram I could use anybody ??

I just want to be able to run my interior lights, power a 12v cigarette lighter terminal, and a couple of other things.

I am away at the moment, but I must attempt this when home, I want to do as much on the van myself as possible, I think it's the only way to learn quickly.....

Am I correct in thinking that both my battery terminals ( LB and starter ) go through the relay, and then into the fuse box ??
and I will need to place fuses between each wire that runs from FB to powered item i.e 12v cigarette lighter power source etc ??

I got an electrician to fit it while he was here doing other stuff so can't help with that, sorry!

gas1man said:
I used this as a starter point.

And my simple version.

J & P
:D :D :D

I cant view it yet, as my computer wont show pictures at work... could you send it to my email please ? neilwilber at aol dot com

You will take a separate feed from the leisure battery positive to the new fuse box. Both go to the relay for charging as above.

Just be aware that in the diagrams posted, the connections to terminals 85 and 86 are wrong way round. If you use a basic (usually cheap) relay that relies on all mechanical control then it doesn't matter, but with the better quality relays with some electronic included, they will not be at all happy! My advice is connect up correctly with the 85 to earth not 86 then it's right for the future.
Peter Good

Peter Good said:
Just be aware that in the diagrams posted, the connections to terminals 85 and 86 are wrong way round. If you use a basic (usually cheap) relay that relies on all mechanical control then it doesn't matter, but with the better quality relays with some electronic included, they will not be at all happy! My advice is connect up correctly with the 85 to earth not 86 then it's right for the future.
Peter Good

Points noted...thanks

Latest posts