It's amazing what your paint and body work can be hiding ..

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cotswoldiver

Reaction score
I'm giving my westy its usual once a year deep clean/polish and protection service especially as it spends more time outside these days than in a garage. I love using gtechnique products as I've mention in other posts, but following a recommendation from the Detailing World forum I tried a new product ( Korrosol) at the weekend from a company called Bilt Hamber.

The bus had already been well washed and was looking pretty good, so all seemed well but a quick spray round with this stuff revealed a different story. The number of different pin holes caused I guess by stone chips and just generally using the bus on the road and signs of rust were amazing. I've used Ironx before, but this stuff was really good and the amount of areas turning 'purple' was scary.

They describe it as "A controlled pH non-alkaline fallout remover for the safe and effective removal of embedded metallic particles that contaminate the vast majority of road going vehicles" But to me its a good early warning system of what likes lurking, just spray it around the edge of your front screen rubber and see what happens - and if it helps keep of buses on the road longer then its well worth it..

Public Service Announcement over - and no, I have no connection to the company just trying to protect my westy :lol:

This is the link to the product, and I've used their dynax cavity wax before and that is doing a great job

http://www.bilthamber.com/cleaning-and-degreasing/korrosol

Interesting stuff, I have just used G3 paste on mine after going round with 1200w&d to get rid of some imperfections in the paint, next was gonna be clay, looks like Korrosol is used prior to clay.......... I'll have a read on Detailing World too....

Nice find! ....thanks for sharing.

--------------------------------
Own a Bay?......Feel the love!

creationblue said:
Interesting stuff, I have just used G3 paste on mine after going round with 1200w&d to get rid of some imperfections in the paint, next was gonna be clay, looks like Korrosol is used prior to clay.......... I'll have a read on Detailing World too....

Clay first to lift all the crap out, then compound to buff out the swirls, otherwise your just dragging all the crap on your paint round and round on the buffer head and claying afterwards will be pointless.

Latest posts