It's finally off to paint after a long year

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fozworth

Reaction score
My Bus was loaded and sent on its way on Saturday for some paint after just under a year of sanding every nook and cranny under neath and inside .Although there was and has been very little rust ever (it still has original battery tray ,floors etc ) it still needed lots of areas sanding and priming .
Sadly as I supected it has so many areas that are needing blowing in that it's going to be easier and better to completely paint the whole van inside n out. The problem I faced was while I love the patina look and old sign writing mine was nether .yhe paint was 10 years old and the sign writing about 7 year old .so it would mean trying to save nog great and certainly not patina paint and quite cruidly painted sign writing . So I've decided to give the bus what it deserves and then get some nice quality sign writing painted back on (possibly the same but better) and some pin striping .Only thing I might do is ask if it can have a satin clear coat as I like the flat non shiny finish but not sure if that's a good move?
Will keep you updated.

Looking forward to seeing this in the metal dood :mrgreen:

im kind of with you on a quality paint job under a satin finish. I've been looking around for a paint job and its been suggested by some that the paint isn't cut back to make it shiny A satin finish would surely make it easier to put a coat of wax on (not that Im an expert though)

Latest posts