Its that time of year again!! Time for more tinkering

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maddog

Reaction score
Sorry!! Mods......can you place this in the gallery as i mistakenly put it here. thx.

Yes, its a year since i fitted my new engine and she's out once more.

DSC01253.jpg

New kit to fit

DSC01256.jpg

Including my original fuel tank thats in tintop condition

DSC01252.jpg

DSC01251.jpg

Outlet modified and return union welded in place

DSC01269.jpg

DSC01271.jpg

As the fuel hose is alot bigger, a new entrance had to be drilled

DSC01257.jpg

Regulator ready to go in.....

DSC01258.jpg

Then time to weld the manifolds before tapping them........

DSC01273.jpg

DSC01279.jpg

DSC01278.jpg

DSC01277.jpg

Solenoids in place....

DSC01275.jpg

DSC01276.jpg

Of course, the most important part :lol: the go faster button :wink:

DSC01282.jpg

And the gas tank....

DSC01284.jpg

Yeah cheers bud, i got some twin 36 dells on the van now with a full stainless side exit zorst from Turbo Thomas. Van goes so much better......but still 1600, so no 1/4mile for me. Yet :wink:

Hows the season going so far?

Not an easy install in a bus tbh. Especially room wise (sounds strange as u think u have loads of engine space). The foggers end up very close to the body, so extra parts are needed, for example 90 degree unions to come off the manifolds so you can direct the lines without kinking them etc...

Getting the engine is a right joy too :lol:

dubberdaz said:
Yeah cheers bud, i got some twin 36 dells on the van now with a full stainless side exit zorst from Turbo Thomas. Van goes so much better......but still 1600, so no 1/4mile for me. Yet :wink:

Hows the season going so far?
Nice one!! :D Shiney exhaust too 8) Bet you are chuffed with the extra power though.

Ive been struggling with grip mainly but always grinning when driving her!

Bit of a rush getting bus ready for BugJam though....hopefully all will come into place.

im not really up on NOS, i know the principles, heavier gas, more fuel etc. but the routing of the fuels lines, one to the carbs etc is confusing me. What is all the other piping and where do you inject the NOS? is it directly into the manifold? slightly confused but curious.... :)

ianscooby said:
maddog, hope your well mate, that NOS kit is serious, you got life insurance :lol: :lol:

Hi ya mate :D

All up and running now.........although ive had a few other issues to sort out between rain showers.

Just gotta fill the bottle now :wink:

Latest posts