I've only bloody finished the louvre! just pics : )

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lemur said:
StuF said:
Nice work mate - I have done the same! Did both one after the other, what a horrible job it is but is worth the effort!
Yours looks like brand new!

mike202 said:
very neat work, everything looks so clean!

How did you get it like that? elbow grease and metal polish?

Thanks guys, basically.. time, dremel, and methodical sanding from p120 through to p1200 followed by autosol. The worst thing is now I guess I gotta routinely address it so it doesn't revert. we are clearly all mad :lol:

Great job! Have just started to do mine. Which attachments did you use with the Dremel and did you use it just to get all of the crap/pitting out or to sand. Any further info on your method would be appreciated?

Cheers.

Chris :)

lemur said:
StuF said:
Nice work mate - I have done the same! Did both one after the other, what a horrible job it is but is worth the effort!
Yours looks like brand new!

mike202 said:
very neat work, everything looks so clean!

How did you get it like that? elbow grease and metal polish?

Thanks guys, basically.. time, dremel, and methodical sanding from p120 through to p1200 followed by autosol. The worst thing is now I guess I gotta routinely address it so it doesn't revert. we are clearly all mad :lol:
Get some Collinite 845 on it. Works great on alloys so should do the job on these :)

Get some Collinite 845 on it. Works great on alloys so should do the job on these :)[/quote]

Just had a google of that stuff, have you used it? if it 'does what it says on the tin' i'm in :)