J tube options and advice

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Molbyj

Reaction score
Been looking at fitting some stainless j tubes but there seems lots of different makes. Some start from £40 up to +£100. Some also look they have a slight offset in the pipe too.

can anyone recommend a make or which ones not to go for.

I currently have a 1.6 single port with the heat exchangers disconnected. Also, would you recommend using exhaust wrap too?

Thanks, Ross

Molbyj said:
Been looking at fitting some stainless j tubes but there seems lots of different makes. Some start from £40 up to +£100. Some also look they have a slight offset in the pipe too.

can anyone recommend a make or which ones not to go for.

I currently have a 1.6 single port with the heat exchangers disconnected. Also, would you recommend using exhaust wrap too?

Thanks, Ross

Hi Ross,

Can't help with J Tubes but if you do end up wanting to get rid of your heat exchangers and they work I'd be interested. I've had a pair that were knackered, a pair that gave awesome heat but also killed you in the process and now a pair that don't let any nasty smells through but barely give hot air. Hopeffuly one day I'll get a pair that work as intended!

Thanks,

Mark

best j tubes to go for are the ones with the tinware braces, these bolt up to the splash tins and keep its structure.

dont wrap them as you need the heat to warm up the engine and open your stat right.

The industrial engines had J tubes fitted and came with extra tine ware to close up the holes and make the stat work correctly. Demios air cooled sell them.

If your zorst is mild steel, i would just go for mild steel ones, easy enough to change if they rust through and alot cheaper.

Latest posts