• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Jan' 68 Devon Caravette. RHD -Sale Pendind

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bananacustard

Reaction score
Due to mechanical problems which I don't have the time, money or patience to fix and having thought long and hard about this I have decided to sell my Devon which I have owned for the last 11 years.

It is a very early (jan' 68) model which has been extensively restored since I've had it. This includes all the usual areas, such as rear corners, front and rear arches, sills, floors, front panel, front valance etc. This has been done to a good standard mostly by Karl at Wolfsburgwizards and the result is a very solid and tidy body resprayed in L345, light grey.

It has a very nice early devon caravette interior in very good condition including the original upholstery.

Original seats in the front (drivers is a little torn) and painted metal dash which has unfortunately been cut around the radio hole.

Brakes have been upgraded to discs on the front (futbus) and creative engineering wide 5 drums on the back.

It has been mildly lowered on wagenswest 2.5" spindles and adjusters on the front and dropped a spline on the back. It drives really nicely with no rubbing.

BAD POINTS :The engine is a 1641 with twin 34 icts which pulls very well. THESE WILL NEED ATTENTION! The carbs have let fuel into the oil causing running problems and bad oil leaks.
: The ignition switch needs replacing, it starts but you have to return it manually as the spring has failed.
: The speedo is currently not working.
: There is a slight pulsing on the brakes on hard braking at low speed (warped discs?)
: Passenger door handle doesn't lock/unlock with the key.
: Horn is wired to a switch on the dash.
: Some tiny patches of paintwork that would benefit from attention.

It has a long MOT and is insured for £14,000. I probably wouldn't drive it as it is due to the carbs/engine but it will start and drive.

All in all a very sorted, solid RHD bus that needs some mechanical fettling. To reflect this it is priced at £11,000.

Located in Worthing, West Sussex

£11,000 firm, pm me if interested.

Bump for the new week. Reduced to £10.5 K

If I can't sell it for this I shall sort out the mechanical problems and hang on to it.

Lovely early RHD Devon Caravette, with beautiful original interior, MOT'd until November.

Needs engine/carbs sorting. Could be as simple as new seals + new valves in carbs but obviously engine will need to come out.

NOW REDUCED TO £10,500. No offers, this is as low as it goes.

£10,500.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts