JK ROOF CANVAS - Are they much cop?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fitted the JK one in the summer it's a good fit, carefully with the corner seals, you have to cut it yourself, keep the old seal under the Ali and use as template, I would recommend not installing it with the roof supports in the full upright use a bit of 4x2 cut to length about a foot short so the canvas isn't too tight. Take the roof off turn it upside down to do the stapling get your centers right or it looks bad start at one end then work centre out down the sides then tidy at the front. It is a tight fit.

Hi All,

Not sure how this one slipped past me, but thought I should try and clear a few things up, just to try and help out a little :)

We do indeed stock 2 different roof canvases.
One is made in Germany, and one is made by us.

A couple of years ago we had a few problems with the roof canvases we made where there were inconsistencies with the stitching and design from the factory, so we went back to the drawing board and took steps to make sure that they were top quality.

What was said earlier in the thread about us using the same pattern as the original VW is true, as this was the only real way we could ensure the quality of the fit.
We're now really happy with the roof canvases, and we've heard great things from customers who have fitted them to their vans.

I understand that there have been problems, but there have been changes to the product since then, which have alleviated these issues.
Perhaps there's a lesson to be learned in this for us at JK, as we fixed the issues without really telling that many people about it so a few people are still wary of the product and unaware that we've improved the design and fit.

If anyone has any more questions about any of this, please do just let me know and I'll get back to you as soon as I can

Thanks, and sorry for the delay in clearing things up
Josh

Latest posts