JP group - classic line heads????

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimnirvana

Reaction score
Hey guys hoping you can help me out here, I
ordered a new set of AA performance heads from coolair but these JP group classic line heads have arrived instead? Never heard of them before, they're made (more than likely just assembled) in Denmark. Just wondering if these are a better version of the AA heads of worse? Basically trying to say should I return them or keep them? Anyone heard of these before? Thanks in advance

To be honest, I've never heard of them.
I buy all my "performance" parts from Jo Clifford at R J Volks Performance. Really good service and competitive pricing.
Usually drop her a message on Facebook to sort out availability and costs.

https://www.facebook.com/RJVolksPerformance

http://www.rjvolksperformance.com

Just to add to this, I've been on the phone to coolair and these apparently ARE AA performance and jp group are drop shipping them. The castings are numbered 043101355CAA which is what threw me at first but after a little digging on the AA website it seems these are the 500 series casting and used on the high revs heads they do with the bigger valves n stuff but these are made up stock just using the beefier casting?

Also to add there's naff all performance about them haha it's just the name of the company "AA performance" had a scan about and they seemed to be better reviewed than the usual empi/autolinea counterparts

Yeah exactly that, still 14mm but the longer reach version, will be using NGK BP5ES. I don't know how to add pictures or I would!

sparkywig said:

"hotlink for forums" line, 7th one down
These heads are all i am using now when going for 35.5x32mm valves.😁

They have a lot of free cooling passages, have the long reach spark plugs, the modern heart shaped combustion chamber and the material is much better than Empi and million times better than Autolinea(try machining one of those and you will see it’s like cheese).😱😱

Abel

JP Group are the largest supplier of aftermarket parts in Europe, they supply JK, Heritage, Cool Air, C&C etc, they only deal with trade suppliers.

Cant comment on the heads but most JP group stuff is OK, we use their late bay dropped spindles as opposed to the EMPI ones.

Abel, Graham thanks so much for your input and putting my mind at ease! I think it might of even been a post of yours Abel that swayed me towards the AA heads in the first place as I remember you saying how they machine well. I'm a machinist by trade and thought if I want to put bigger jugs on in the future then these would be kind of future proof. Thanks again guys

I’ve put their stock heads on a motor I built the other year. For the money I couldn’t fault them. Decent castings, clear fins and plenty of material for match porting.

Latest posts