Just Broken down!! Please help!!!!!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lozpeters

Reaction score
Help I just broke down. Waiting for recovery ATM!
69 bay window
Was driving and all was ok. Then some funny rattling sound came from the back pulled over, thought it was some loose tinware fixed it down then set off. 30 seconds later same noise pulled in again and there was a sort of groaning noise from the middle of the engine/box. Switchedthe engine off and noticed a funny burning smell and steam/White smoke from the middle of the engine/box:(:( let the engine cool down and it won't start now arrgg any help??
Ime posting this from my phone in the back of the van!

Do you have any electrical power?
Can you hear the starter motor when trying to turn over?

Yep electrics working I can hear the starter motor trying to turn and sort of clicking

How do your plugs look? Damp, charcoaled, etc. Check them all.

Are you getting a spark on all 4? To check this withdraw one plug at a time, clean the plug, attach the HT lead to it and lay it in the engine bay so that it is not grounding. Don't touch or hold the plug. Then have someone try the ignition and watch for a spark. Replace the plug and test the next one.

Just being towed to my parnts drive:( the breakdown guy recons it's the engine!! I will check plugs ect later and see what they look like. I don't get y it would go like that there's enough oil, I wasn't going fast. And the engine didn't feel overly hot:( ahhh c*ap I wasn't planning on having to buy a new engine