Just kampers window rubbers

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dly49

Reaction score
Hi guy's looking for help anyone had problems fitting jk window rubbers on a 71 bus I've just smashed two windows :x now I've fitted plenty of glass before but these seem to be real tight :shock:

Cheers

I've fitted loads of them no probs.
Which ones are you breaking?
Top tip - make a loop of cord at the top AND the ends at the bottom - or vica versa. Pull the window in at top and bottom and you shouldn't have to bruise your hands.

If it's rear side windows - they can be strange. I fought one all afternoon to get it in, walked to the opposite one and it plopped in in a few minutes. Too many layers of paint don't help...

Ahh it's the rears just painted the bus it's had a few Coates high build primer and four Coates of paint maybe that I'll just have to keep trying
;)
Cheers for the advice

What made me think of that is the bus I'm prepping at the moment has 9 coats of paint - I mean it's been painted 9 times with 9 coats of primer in between. After repairing the rear arch and bare metalling in the process I couldn't get the slider to close flush by about 3mm. Took all the paint off and bingo. :lol:

Yours doesn't sound like paint build up.

I've had rear sides bulging out an inch, but not broken one yet.

You may find its the rubbers themselves not you, suggest you try an alternative rubber from Custom & Commercial or Status, make sure its a viewib one, bit more money but they fit.

I don't know of many people that use rubbers from JK anymore,

Graham L said:
You may find its the rubbers themselves not you, suggest you try an alternative rubber from Custom & Commercial or Status, make sure its a viewib one, bit more money but they fit.

I don't know of many people that use rubbers from JK anymore,
Hi mate - you're right there. They are hard to fit but I learned a lesson with some Dormobile rooflight seals. I failed to fit some hard ones from somewhere then got some "better higher rubber content" ones from Dormobile. They fitted easily, but a year layer they were perishing at a rate of knots. Now when I get hard rubber (ooer missus) I think mmmmm plastic :lol:

Latest posts