King and link without front chassis notches???

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rexer

Reaction score
Anyone running a king and link beam without notching the front chassis?

I fitted my beam today and when i fitted the track rods they were hitting the chassis.
I then set the adjusters to their highest setting and there didn't seem to be a lot of clearance between the track rods and the chassis.

Im sure i was told that i could run this slamwerks beam without notching, i do have the drop spindles too

yes, they were reverse tapered by slamwerks, they fit from the bottom if that makes sense.

mines ok without notching but i think i read 68s have more chassis clearence.

Yeah , as from 70 there are supports that go diagonally from centre chassis rail towards where the indicators sit

So when you lower a 70 that part of the chassis rubs on the track rod , !!

Grazy said:
Yeah , as from 70 there are supports that go diagonally from centre chassis rail towards where the indicators sit

Thanks for the info mate, that has really p***ed me off, glad I know now though :(

Grazy said:

The track rods are behind the axle

Steve

Well I can confirm that with the adjusters on their lowest setting and the arms hanging (van up in the air) I have 2" of travel before they hit.....

So notches are needed.

Also my lower link pin pinch bolts hit the bottom of the steering arm on the spindle after 3" of travel, also not good.

looking at you photos you have your pinch bolts upwards, ive got mine downwards (nuts at bottom) also some people grind the bolt heads down a little for more clearence.

paul_q said:
looking at you photos you have your pinch bolts upwards, ive got mine downwards (nuts at bottom) also some people grind the bolt heads down a little for more clearence.

The bolts are facing down now with the nuts at the bottom, I would have to shave pretty much the whole bolt head off to get it to clear

Rexer said:
paul_q said:

The bolts are facing down now with the nuts at the bottom, I would have to shave pretty much the whole bolt head off to get it to clear

sounds alot lower than mine, sorry i can help anymore.

Decision made, the van is getting notches at the front. Slamwerks here we come !!!!

Latest posts