Kitchen unit

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sallyandsean

Reaction score
After looking around at the cost of a kitchen unit for a van (some over £1000) I decided to make my own and it turned out not too bad. My wife thinks I should make them for over people. What does everyone think to the idea, would there be any interest and is it worth it?
Please note this is not me trying to sell them, Im just trying to gauge an opinion and the picture below is just in primer and not the full finished thing! :D
Picture006-3.jpg

good job. i had the same idea when seeing some of the prices and me and a mate attacked mine ourselves, im well happy with the result too.

15052010124.jpg

Tezzah

mine is done in 15mm melamine faced chipboard, same as your kitchen units, it cost 33 quid for a 8x4 sheet and i used 4 :D

Mine is a light frame work with 9mm plywood to keep the weight down and so it wont swell with condensation. :D

I'm going to do the tops and doors again, the top has warped in the sun, lol. I'm on the look out for some proper wood now and going for 15mm, the 12mm didn't fair too well.

I guess i could just shut the curtains, doh. :roll:

They look well smart!!

Gives me a confidence that me and my dad will be able to do the cabinets on my van.. :D

Latest posts