knocking from offside rear wheel

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrs hoskins

Reaction score
Help !

Knocking noise has just started from the offside rear wheel. It increases with road speed , not engine speed. Sometimes the noise disappears, but its at its most obvious at about 5mph if i lean out of the window.

Drive shaft? wheel bearing ? UJ? (do they have them ?)

yep, agree, sounds very much like cv joint. Mine did the same a few years back. Once changed all went quiet. Failing that turn the radio up! :lol:

Don't want to point you in the direction of the obvious, but I had a knocking noise coming from my
front wheels and found that it was just that wheel nuts were loose :oops: :oops:

mickey sam, you are a genius, a god amonst veedub men(or woman)

i had already decided to do your suggested wheel nut check when i had a 3am moment ( no not one of those)

when i bought the bus , the PO told me he had the original wheels powder coated...........nuf said

Checked all four wheel this morning......loose nuts !!! Removed coating under nuts, re tightened........and life is quiet again.......apart from AC/DC.

Many thanks

Mrs Hoskins (aka Dave)

Love it when a potential problem turns out to be cheap as chips, leaves you with more beer tokens.

I'm usually the plum that misses the blatantly obvious :lol:

Latest posts