lady owners

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sparkywig said:
aspro said:
There's something about a lady in overalls grapping a 1600. :shock:

+1 :D

+2 :)

on paper my wife actually owns ours, but i drive and maintain it, mostly due to the sloppy gear change, when i get this sorted I hope she will drive it a bit more.

im a "lady" (or i try to be :lol: ) owner :mrgreen:

i layed 10 ton of road plainings with my mum and bestist girlie mate :lol: to make my driveway, i dug a hole, barrowed the cement to make the bus stop.
rattle canned a coat of primer on the bear metal shell, to keep the winter off :msn4:
36a4254f.jpg

fortunatly bagged myself a boyfriend who did automotive design at uni, so he can get his nails broken more than me :lol:
did do a basic mechanics course at college about 20 years ago :shock:
but ive been dragged up around cars :mrgreen: my dad did mechanics on his friends stock and banger racing cars, so i was the boy he never had lol

ive also been known to do things like this
222919_6011755447_726120447_293977_6306_n.jpg

and this

309c063c.jpg

previously to owning rolf, my golf and ret my bus i owned olive
IMG_2801_2Small.jpg

rolf and ret are the slowest things ive ever owned :shock: but by far the best, seems like im built for comfort not speed nowdays :lol: although least ive still got access to the M3s when i feel the need for speed 8)

Thanks guy's!! I'm glad you are enjoying my thread! :D For those that don't know it, the link is in my signature! :D

Here is a self portrait of me and my bus. Boy I need to go on a diet. LOL The dog, Malachi, was trying to figure out what the noise was that was coming from the direction of the camera. THe timer beeping. Worked out great for the photo! LOL Looks like I meant for him to do that. LOL

_MG_0643.jpg

Oh, and yah, I'm a lady owner and work on my own VWs. For the most part anyway. I do leave some technical stuff like carb adjustments up to my hubby or our friend. I do the other work though. :D

Just came across this thread and thought I would add myself to it :)

I've had my bus since 1989 so there's fairly little I havn't had to deal with, including a fire :shock:

Here's me during her last resto with an innovative bit of rust removing kit :lol:

August09CyByLnMalms279.jpg

Its always me with the camera so I don't have any of me with her, must sort that :)

Here's my resto thread if anyones interested....... http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=14230" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Those homemade toothbrushes sure do hurt dont they !
(just joking, its fantastic to know bus's are not just a mans illness lol)[/quote]

:lol:

My girlfriend loves the buses and even likes buying them. Problem is she's not keen on driving any as she thinks its to big for her. I think it's just an excuse for her have awesome time and take in the scenery on road trips ;)

Latest posts