Latest find! All original 1968 Sundial Camper

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mroldbug

Reaction score
I am SO excited about my latest discovery here in California. It seems like true "virgins" are getting as hard to find these days as a real fleshy virgin in a whorehouse...so many people digging and finding, the fruit is truly getting thin on the vine! But this one just blows my mind and it deserves closer study...so much to learn from an original unrestored example. This post will give me a chance to share what I am seeing so it can help others with restorations, etc in the future.

Here is the back story. It was bought new in Pasadena California as a 9 passenger deluxe model. So it has the 1/3 2/3rd bench seat in front with the filler panel and pad to bridge the walk-through gap. It was taken the next day directly to Sundial by the owner for the conversion into a camper and a special layout was ordered to provide the full width bed and seating for three in the back. The closet was tucked behind the jump seat and even a special three cup holder set up was fixed to the top of the ice box. It was set up for a father/mother and daughter and they traveled all over the US and Canada with it. Service was all logged in a notebook and a stack of receipts are something I still need to go through. The daughter was about 22 when they bought the Bus and she always lived with her folks, never married, etc and eventually moved to the mountains near Bishop California near the Sierra mountain range. She always kept it in her garage and kept it maintained, it has just over 150,000 miles on it, but you would never guess it by looking at it. It has cleaned up amazingly well and is original from end to end.

I have never seen another one with the same interior, and I am curious if anyone on here has? Happy to post photos and details on everything if desired...like I said, this is a good one to study and learn from!

sund3.jpg

ssund20.jpg

sssssund1.jpg

sssssund2.jpg

ssund18.jpg

That my friend is cooler than penguins pee, a true keeper I would say

The decision has been made...just logistics to work out, but Busfest here we come! Are there any folks you can think of that would be a serious collector for something like this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm really looking forward to it! England is such a beautiful place...so green! Quite opposite of my place in the desert !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts