leisure battery

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

middi

Reaction score
While in working on the van have decided to have a leisure battery fitted and dont want to get ripped off by being sold one thats either to big or not up to the job
It will be only running a propex heater inter lights and a block of 12v outlets for phone and kids psps etc
What size should i be looking having fitted ?

Thanks Dave

Make sure it really is a LEISURE battery and the rating is not lower than the model number,(for example a battery with model number xyz 110 doesnt mean its 110amp hr rated) then go for the biggest you can afford and the biggest that will fit where you want it to go

I recently purchased my new leisure battery. 125ah is about the largest you can fit if installing under the spare wheel well. Any bigger that that and the casing is usually either too tall or too long to fit in!
A 125ah battery happily powers my lights and very large audio system and my tv for a good few hours without failing! Haven't tested just how long it will power for as yet, but seems more than ample for the everyday use

--------------------------------
Own a Bay?......Feel the love!

I didn't use a leisure battery, as I read reports about them not lasting as they should run flat. My one is still going strong after 5 years, I think its a 75A/Hr.

Latest posts