"LemurBus" Empty Garage Syndrome

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beautiful part of the world and great pictures which do it justice.
Glad you enjoyed your time :)

That’s somewhere I would like to go. Campsite looks lovely. Haven’t done much in North Wales
Great pics glad to hear the bus is going well.
(There’s no way I’m going on that zip wire though[emoji38])

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

[/quote]
gas1man said:
Looks great, going to keep in mind. Thanks.

J & P
:D :D :D

gninnam said:
Beautiful part of the world and great pictures which do it justice.
Glad you enjoyed your time :)

mike202 said:
That’s somewhere I would like to go. Campsite looks lovely. Haven’t done much in North Wales
Great pics glad to hear the bus is going well.
(There’s no way I’m going on that zip wire though[emoji38])

Yep I think we'll be returning to N.Wales, we rarely visit the same place twice since there's so much to see! but that general area will get a 2nd visit I feel :D

Mike... the zip wire was one of the best bits! come on man :lol: :lol:

Cheers for the interest guys

Just came aross this thread.
Very very nice bus!!
Are those cally license plates legal in the UK?

Dirty Harry said:
Just came aross this thread.
Very very nice bus!!
Are those cally license plates legal in the UK?

Well it's been running since 07..and I've not been keeping it from you lol
Thanks for having a look and the compliment. It's been a journey of laughter and tears but I feel finally we're 'top-side' of it now.. I've done nothing to the bus since the conversion other than do what it was intended for, camp!

With the cally plates.. had them on ages, pulled up by the fuzz once.....

Me: Sorry officer, I've forgotten to switch them back since the last show.
PC: Have you got your UK legal plates in the bus?.
Me: Yes.
PC: Why don't you fit them while I have a look at this lovely bus.
Me: Sure thing.
PC: You do know you can shove a Porsche engine in these, it's like 3 bolts. :lol: :lol:
Me: Really?.. maybe I'll look into that, cheers :roll:

I have viewed your thread on the odd occasion and your bus is a smasher!

L

StuF said:
you coming to skeg buddy?

Alright chap?
That's a negative bud, off to Anglesey ( red wharf bay ) shortly for the week :D https://www.stdavidspark.com/
There'll be no builders vans, "my bus this" "my bus that" chatter.. just rolling hills, a sea view and my tired legs (taking the bikes), sunsets and probably too much wine :lol:

Other than that there's no place I'd rather be than sandwiched in a Skeggy field with a load of other buses :shock:

Hope you and Claire are both tip top! How's the conversion treating you?

L

All good mate - just drive and go
Glad you are enjoying it and hope the weather is kind in Wales!!

Great thread, sorry for another licence plate ? Where did you get them from I'm after a set for my 70 Westy.
Cheers

vaughan said:
Great thread, sorry for another licence plate ? Where did you get them from I'm after a set for my 70 Westy.
Cheers

No worries.. website: www.states-plates.com there is a "create your own" tool that enables you to select colours and lettering etc, they also provide year/month stickers for the top corners.

It would seem yours in 1970 would be blue with gold/yellow numbers:
https://www.lamag.com/driver/the-colorful-history-of-california-license-plates/

Hope that helps :D

Cheers mate , appreciate reply will get on it
👍. Keep going with the thread.

Just had a few days away in local Derbyshire, Staying on a small site in Alstonefield but taking trips to Milldale, Haversage, Stanage edge and the stones at Dovedale... Weather was grand bar a little drizzle on Saturday and bus faultless. Was really nice to get away in her for a few days.
Dined at the George in Alstonefield on Sat night- wow :D https://thegeorgeatalstonefield.com/

All in all lovely.. some picures, in no particular order and of pretty poor quality (phone) :?

Managed a little repair on the pop top during a rainy spell too, relaced the sh*t ebay toggles with WW grey ones.. feel much more flexible and better quality.. time will tell I guess (I did them all)

Dirty Harry said:
Nice nice, i have these grey WW too and i think they are a tat to long but otherwise ok!

I agree, they're not as tight but I don't see it being an issue.... and they're definitely doing more good that the broken ones! :lol:

Dirty Harry said:
What material did u use on the inside of the pop-up roof, is it insulation?

It's just the fibreglass. I can only assume from looking at the picture you're seeing the reflection/shadows of the canvas side?
The fibreglass was sprayed to a high sheen :D :D
or have I misunderstood?

Liam

Latest posts