Lets see your seat mounts

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rexer

Reaction score
Looking for photos of how you have all mounted your front seats, i'm going to use some leather Alfa seats i got on the cheap.
Was thinking of using some 1 or 2" box section across from side to side then mount my seat runners on that.

How have you done yours?

My Saab seats fitted over the original runners on the drivers side and removed the seat bracket on passenger side then drilled 4 new fixing holes for each seat. Easy to bolt and unbolt the Saab seats when I want to return to stock seats :D :D

saabseats010.jpg

Its important to realise that the height of the new seats is quite a lot more than stock so if you are raising them even further by fitting cross members then they may be too high for you to reach the pedals or get your knees under the steering wheel

My Saab seats fitted over the original runners on the drivers side and removed the seat bracket on passenger side then drilled 4 new fixing holes for each seat. Easy to bolt and unbolt the Saab seats when I want to return to stock seats

Exactly what he said! I did mine exactly the same for my Porker seats! Remember the seats need to be adjustable now to pass the MOT and can't be bolted in so you'll need some runners. I didn't have the Porsche runners for mine but I got some really low profile seat runners off E-bay for bucket seats that worked a treat! Even the bolt holes lined up. I would be worried that the box section under your runners would put you far to high up in god's like AGC says :mrgreen:

Since putting these seats in which are only fractionally higher than stock seats my wife can't drive it without a block on the clutch pedal. Mind you she is under 5 foot tall :lol:

photo2.jpg

I see what you are saying, my seats are from an ALFA and the runners are not as wide as the original bay ones. hence i need to safely space the mountings out and spread the load accross.

I think i will cross this bridge when i come to it as im way off that part, cheers for the replies

Latest posts